To qualify at the GS-14 level, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience directly related to the position for which you are applying equivalent to the GS-13 level. See Qualification Standard website.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position is defined as:
- Serving in a team lead or senior IT specialist position responsible for the success of multiple IT operational projects in the areas of data center operations, network, telecomm, client systems, help desk and /or CLOUD based infrastructure support; and
- Managing or directing the activities of subordinates or contractor personnel involved in the design, documentation, development, modification, testing, installation, implementation, and support of new or existing IT infrastructure solutions; and
- Serving as an IT project manager, coordinating resources, analyzing business and system requirements, providing technical direction, and monitoring the status of tasks;
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write "see resume" in your application!
1. Expert knowledge of IT concepts, principles, methods, standards and practices sufficient to manage and develop current and future IT business solutions and requirements.
2. Knowledge of procurement policies and procedures in order to serve as a federal project manager/COR and/or Technical Project Officer.
3. In-depth knowledge of IT directives, policies, and procedures at federal, state, local, departmental and NETL levels.
4. Ability to effectively communicate short- and long-range organizational goals to motivate Branch employees to carry out and successfully implement performance objectives.
5. Skill in the preparation and presentation of comprehensive and concise technical reports, both orally and in writing, to communicate effectively with senior-level administrative and professional employees of widely varied backgrounds and occupational levels.
6. Knowledge of, and ability to supervise a group of professional employees and perform all human resource management responsibilities, labor relations activities, safety and EEO programs to effectively accomplish program goals.
You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
For this position education cannot be substituted for experience.
- This position is not included in the bargaining unit.
- If selected for this vacancy, you may be required to file the OGE Form 450 (Financial Disclosure Statement).
- May be required to complete 1 year supervisory probation period.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be rated by our application system using the Category Rating procedure. A quality review will then be conducted by the HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME). Your application is rated based on the extent and quality of your experience, education (if applicable to the job), and training described in your online resume/questionnaire as related to the duties of this position. The quality categories are usually defined as "Best Qualified", "Well Qualified" and "Qualified". Veterans Preference eligibles will be listed at the top of whichever category your score places you in. CP/CPS veterans are placed at the top of the highest category for all positions except professional and scientific positions at GS-9 and higher.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses you provided in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted. To preview questions please click here.