To qualify at the GS-14 level, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience directly related to the position for which you are applying equivalent to the GS-13 level. See Qualification Standard website.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position is defined as:
- Serving in a team lead or senior IT specialist position responsible for the success of multiple IT operational projects in the areas of data center operations, network, telecomm, client systems, help desk and /or CLOUD based infrastructure support; and
- Managing or directing the activities of subordinates or contractor personnel involved in the design, documentation, development, modification, testing, installation, implementation, and support of new or existing IT infrastructure solutions; and
- Serving as an IT project manager, coordinating resources, analyzing business and system requirements, providing technical direction, and monitoring the status of tasks;
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write "see resume" in your application!
1. Expert knowledge of IT concepts, principles, methods, standards and practices sufficient to manage and develop current and future IT business solutions and requirements.
2. Knowledge of procurement policies and procedures in order to serve as a federal project manager/COR and/or Technical Project Officer.
3. In-depth knowledge of IT directives, policies, and procedures at federal, state, local, departmental and NETL levels.
4. Ability to effectively communicate short- and long-range organizational goals to motivate Branch employees to carry out and successfully implement performance objectives.
5. Skill in the preparation and presentation of comprehensive and concise technical reports, both orally and in writing, to communicate effectively with senior-level administrative and professional employees of widely varied backgrounds and occupational levels.
6. Knowledge of, and ability to supervise a group of professional employees and perform all human resource management responsibilities, labor relations activities, safety and EEO programs to effectively accomplish program goals.
Time-in-Grade: Current Federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements for consideration. Current federal employees applying for a promotion opportunity must meet TIG requirements with one year of service at the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for the position being filled. This requirement must be met within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement. Reinstatement eligible candidates that have held a GS (or equivalent) position within the preceding 52 weeks are subject to TIG restrictions per 5 CFR 300.603.
For this position education cannot be substituted for experience.
- This position is not included in the bargaining unit.
- If selected for this vacancy, you may be required to file the OGE Form 450 (Financial Disclosure Statement).
- May be required to complete 1 year supervisory probation period.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your application to ensure you meet the job requirements.
If you meet the qualifications requirements and are found to be among the top candidates, your application will be referred to the selecting official for further review.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted. To preview questions please click here.