The National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL) is a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) National laboratory that produces technological solutions to America's energy challenges. For more than 100 years, the laboratory has focused on developing tools and processes to provide clean, reliable, and affordable energy to the American People.
The incumbent of this position serves as the Supervisor in the Infrastructure Operations & Engineering (IO&E) Branch. The IO&E Branch has oversight responsibility of the activities performed by the support contractor functions operating and maintaining the NETL IT infrastructure and ancillary systems or services. The functional areas that fall under this branch include: Client Systems Engineering; Internet and Intranet; IT Hosting and Housing Environment; Networks; Telecommunications Services; Helpdesk; and Video Teleconference, Audio/Visual & Conference Room Services.
As a Supervisory Information Technology Specialist, you will:
- Develop work plans, budgets, and schedules for operational infrastructure;
- Monitor and evaluate systems' compliance with IT security requirements;
- Implements new and emerging information technology which align with organizational plans and goals;
- Oversees the selection, deployment, and operation of the IT operational environment;
- Provide input to the short and long term vision for current and future IT infrastructure;
- Perform the full range of supervisory responsibilities;
- Serve as Contracting Officer's Technical Representative on designated contracts.