In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: At least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower qualifying pay band or equivalent grade under the General Scheduled (GS/GG) pay systems or other pay systems that demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and competencies needed to perform the duties of this position. Specialized experience is defined as experience in ISR and unit operations which included tasks such as providing advice on, administering or performing work essential to providing intelligence support related to the daily operations, training, and readiness missions of the organization.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE: You may substitute education for experience as follows. You must have a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or three (3) full academic years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree from an accredited or pre-accredited institution. The graduate-level education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the work of a Supervisory Intelligence Specialist, GG-0132-11. A combination of appropriate graduate-level education and specialized experience are also qualifying for this position.
Click on the following link to view the qualification requirements for this position:
http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=GS-ADMINKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of world-wide I SR requirements and associated processes to support Combatant Commands and Theater Air Force Component Commands and understanding of lSR concepts, capabilities, and operations. Knowledge must also include Jaws, regulations, policies, and precedents which affect Group ISR operational programs and related support resources.
2. Ability to integrate Air Force Reserve and Regular AF Forces into ISR operational and maintenance missions while ensuring command/control oversight and tasking authorities are properly executed.
3. Knowledge of ISR plans and policies and the ability to formulate operational plans and policies pertaining to ISR operations and unit operational activities.
4. Knowledge of advanced management and organizational principles and practices and major issues, program goals, missions, functions, administrative operations of the ISR Group, 10 AF and HQ AFRC.
5. Knowledge and understanding of a comprehensive range of staff concepts, objectives, policies, management/organizational techniques, and military command.
6. Ability to gather, assemble, and analyze facts, draw conclusions, conduct analysis, devise recommended solutions, and package the entire process in briefings, papers, or reports suitable for top management use and decision-making (to include civilian and military).
7. Ability to plan and organize workload and activities, manage multiple taskings, and communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
8. Knowledge of at least two of the following intelligence disciplines/operations: Human Intelligence (HUMINT), Geospatial Intelligence/Measurement & Signal Intelligence (GEOINT/MASJNT), Signals Intelligence (SIGINT), All-Source Analysis/Fusion Analysis, Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS), Acquisition Intelligence, Targeting, collection management, analytical production management, and dissemination.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Position is designated critical-sensitive and incumbent must be able to obtain and retain a TOP SECRET (TS) security clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI).
2. This position has been identified as a drug testing-designated position. The incumbent of this position may be selected for random drug testing, and be subject to reasonable suspicion testing and safety mishap or accident testing.
3. Incumbent may be required to fly in military or commercial aircraft to perform temporary duty assignments.
4. This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position. Must meet and maintain Air Force Reserve requirements. The incumbent's regular assignments are primarily ART duties; however, the incumbent may also be assigned some non-ART duties, generally not exceed 30 % of total responsibilities.
Work scheduled will be aligned to permit full participation in unit training assemblies.
5. This an AFRC key management position in which the incumbent is required to formulate, determine or influence policies of the assigned unit.
6. Individual may be required to work uncommon tours on short notice.
7. This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position.
Air Reserve Technician (ART) Positions: For additional information regarding ART positions and/or military qualifications, please call 1-800-257-1212.
Candidates are encouraged to provide a copy of their military experience and training with their resume in order to expedite recruitment efforts. Visit the Verification of Military Experience and Training Web Site to obtain this information, click here.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.