Vacancy ID: 922447
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincolns promise To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan by serving and honoring the men and women who are Americas Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs employees who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who served our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your Country's service.
If you are transitioning from the military or a Veteran already, we invite you to explore the benefits of continuing your career at the VA. The VA is committed to hiring Veterans.
The VA is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.
The VA has adopted Core Values and Characteristics that apply universally across the Department. The five Core Values define who we are, our culture, and how we care for Veterans, their families and other beneficiaries. The Values are Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence (I CARE).
America's Veterans need you!
To find out more, go to http://www.va.gov/jobs/.
This position is located within the Office of the Deputy Director, National Data Systems for the Office of Health Information Governance for the Veterans Health Administration in Austin, Texas. As a Program Specialist you will be responsible for the development, testing, implementation, evaluation and maintenance of software systems to accomplish the work of the Veterans Health Administration through automation. You will design and coordinate major regional or agency-wide software projects in response to complex new or modified needs of users. The major duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conducts feasibility studies to develop alternative and cost-effective approaches to satisfying user needs;
- Runs programs from design through testing and implementation to user training and program evaluation;
- Performs quality assurance work that involves systematic prevention of defects, non-conformance to regulations and standards, identification of unsatisfactory trends and conditions;
- Corrects the factors that may contribute to defective work processes or products;
- Performs quality management activities which are designed to improve quality of processing, customer service activities or other business procedures;
- Monitors production quality control and inspection program implementation;
- Investigates and analyzes adverse quality trends or conditions and initiates corrective action; and
- Serves as the agency authority for advanced system software and system efforts.
Work Schedule: Full-Time, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
***RELOCATION EXPENSES AND/OR INCENTIVES ARE NOT AUTHORIZED***