Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Apply for this exciting position to support the CG missions of safeguarding our Nation's maritime interests in the heartland, in the ports, at sea, and around the globe.
For over two centuries the The U.S. Coast Guard has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America's Maritime Guardian - Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
The vacancy is being concurrently advertised under merit promotion procedures for status applicants under announcement 13-1795-SE-NG-M. APPLICANTS WISHING TO BE CONSIDERED UNDER BOTH DELEGATED EXAMINING AND MERIT PROMOTION PROCEDURES MUST APPLY TO BOTH VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS.
NOTE: YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS DELEGATED EXAMINING VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT WILL ONLY ALLOW CONSIDERATION FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. WE CANNOT ELECTRONICALLY OR MANUALLY MOVE YOUR APPLICATION TO THE CONCURRENTLY ADVERTISED MERIT PROMOTION ANNOUNCEMENT. PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE APPLYING UNDER THE CORRECT ANNOUNCEMENT.
This position is located in DHS/U.S. Coast Guard, Operations Systems Center, Core Technologies Division, OSC Networks Branch, Detachment Networks Branch, Chesapeake, VA.
This position is located at the Coast Guard, Operations Systems Center, Chesapeake Detachment, Chesapeake, VA. The incumbent is responsible for all aspects of design, development, maintenance, and client management for the assigned projects.
Being a CG civilian makes you a valuable member of the CG team. Typical work assignments include:
- Performing a variety of duties related to information technology (IT) projects involving program-related issues that contain complicating elements.
- Performing work involved in the end-to-end development of information technology systems with complex designs.
- Monitoring and evaluating contractor policies, practices, procedures, techniques, methods and management controls for specialized IT contracts.
- Communicating and/or visiting with clients regularly to provide support and ensure delivery of quality products and services.
- Providing government over site for contractor technical staff involved in the full range of applications development activities for major software projects, such as prototype systems supporting an important USCG line program.
- Evaluating automation requirements including the performance of such duties as requirements analysis, feasibility studies, cost-benefit analysis, or analysis of alternatives.
- Developing and maintains written procedures and instructions regarding the use of applications.