Job Title:Supervisory Information Technology Specialist - Deputy CIO
Department:Executive Office Of The President
Agency:Office of Administration
Job Announcement Number:OA-13-34-GT-DE
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Thursday, July 11, 2013 to
Tuesday, July 23, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|Few vacancies in the following location:|
District of Columbia, DC United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
If you are a status candidate, please apply under Announcement # OA-13-34-GT-MP.
AMENDMENT: PLEASE NOTE THAT WHEN YOU ARE APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, ALTHOUGH THE OPTION TO APPLY UNDER THE VETERANS RECRUITMENT APPOINTMENT IS LISTED WITHIN THE ASSESSMENT QUESTIONNAIRE, YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED UNDER THIS AUTHORITY. VRA ELIGIBLES CAN ONLY BE HIRED UP TO THE GS-11. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS AMENDMENT, PLEASE CONTACT OUR HUMAN RESOURCES MAIN LINE AT 202-395-1088.
Begin a challenging and exciting career with the Executive Office of the President (EOP) providing support to the President of the United States. The EOP has responsibility for tasks ranging from communicating the President's message to the American people to promoting our trade interests abroad. The EOP is comprised of The White House, Executive Residence, Office of the Vice President, Office of the United States Trade Representative, Office of Science and Technology Policy, Office of National Drug Control Policy, Office of Management and Budget, National Security Staff, Council on Environmental Quality Council of Economic Advisers, and the Office of Administration. The Office of Administration (OA) provides a full array of customer-based services to the EOP. To learn more about OA, please visit http://www.WhiteHouse.gov/OA.
This position is located within OA's Office of the Chief Information Officer, a dynamic and fast-paced 24x7 environment that supports unclassified enterprise IT needs across the EOP. The incumbent serves as the Deputy Chief Information Officer and will provide technology vision, operational guidance, and leadership for developing and implementing IT initiatives that create and maintain leadership for the EOP in a constantly changing and politically sensitive organization.
**Notice: More than one selection may be made within 90 days of the issuance of the certificate, if additional vacancies occur.
Promotion to the next highest grade level is neither guaranteed nor implied.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national
- Selective Service registration if a male born after December 31, 1959
- Be at least 18 years old and obtain a favorable security determination
- Subject to pre-employment and random drug tests
- Direct Deposit is required
- RELOCATION EXPENSES WILL NOT BE PAID
DUTIES:Back to top
Partners with the Chief Information Officer (CIO) in providing technology vision and direction for the enterprise. Enables innovation and understands IT trends that can create business value. Oversees the development of enterprise technology standards, governance processes and performance metrics to ensure IT delivers value to the enterprise.
Develops strategic and technical plans that allow EOP to meet near-term objectives for information and communication needs while shaping and implementing longer-term initiatives to support EOP strategic goals.
Facilities communication across IT groups, user and customer communities. Provides guidance and proposes formalized policies to the CIO in the establishment of technical policies for the EOP.
Oversees the financial, project, and contract management delivery functions of the EOP. Oversees the new media technology program execution of the unclassified EOP web presence.
Directs the management of human capital activities for assigned components with the Chief Information Office. In this capacity, establishes and maintains sound organizational structures, improving management methods and procedures, assuring the effective and efficient use of manpower.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: All applicants must meet the qualification requirements outlined below to be considered minimally qualified for this position. The qualification requirements are in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standards. ALL QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE MET BY THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.
IT CORE COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
Applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations, listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have a minimum of one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility comparable to the next lower grade or comparable pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector. Examples of specialized experience are:
For the GS-15: You must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 grade level or comparable pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector performing the following: executive-level experience in directing IT operations, including modernizing infrastructure and integrating new technologies, to better serve customers; demonstrated progressive, executive-level experience overseeing or performing all or the majority of the following: building IT management and technical staff expertise, process/change management; information resources strategy and planning, IT performance assessment, IT project/program management, capital planning and investment control; acquisition and contract management; E-government/E-business/E-commerce, and technology management and assessment.
Please see "Qualifications Required" for requirements of the position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
How You Will Be Evaluated: Your resume will be evaluated to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications required for the position. Applicants who meet the minimum requirements will be placed into one of the following categories based on the extent to which your application shows that you possess the specialized experience associated with this position:
- Best Qualified (BQ) Meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements and demonstrates exceptional experience in most of the requirements of the position.
- Well Qualified (WQ) Meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements and demonstrates strong experience in most of the requirements of the position.
- Qualified (Q) - Meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements and meets the requirements of the position either through experience or education.
QUALITY RANKING FACTORS: Address the following Quality Ranking Factors (QRFs)/Critical Elements within the body of your resume.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and direct the functions and lead, mentor, motivate, and appraise the staff through subordinate supervisors.
- Ability to set priorities, and develop, monitor and/or analyze detailed program/project requirements and implementation schedules.
- Knowledge of open source strategy, social media, cloud technology and scalability, mass communication, information security, hosting architecture, technology platforms, and developing management operating routines.