Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan," - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
You Can Make a Difference!
Every job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team, helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they deserve.
Location: This position is within the Office of Acquisition and Logistics in Washington DC. Incumbent may be subject to telework schedule.
Area of Consideration: To be considered eligible for this position, you must be eligible as a Competitive Merit Promotion and/or Non-Competitive Merit Promotion eligible, as explained below. If you do not have an eligibility described below, you will be considered outside the area of consideration.
Competitive Merit Promotion:
· Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles: Current or former Federal career or career conditional employees who hold, or have held, a non-temporary position in the competitive service, at a lower grade level than the position being announced.
· Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles: Veterans who are preference eligibles OR who have separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous service.
Non-Competitive Merit Promotion:
· Disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA;
· Individuals with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments); Individuals eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: military spouses under E.O. 13473; certain former overseas employees; present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; former White House staff; present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; certain National Guard technicians; Current and former Federal employees who meet the established criteria outlined in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement;
· Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles that hold, or have previously held a Federal career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level as the position being announced.
· Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) eligibles: displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration as determined by their employing agency.
- Serves as a Senior Procurement Analyst in the Acquisition Policy Division assigned special projects, review and analysis of broad, complex, unique and sensitive procurement and contracting issues and problems involving the full spectrum of functions for which the office is responsible.
- Reviews and prepares responses to inquiries from the Office of Federal Procurement Policy, the Office of the Inspector General or the General Accountability Office as required. Reviews and responds to internal Departmental requirements, including the Office of the Secretary and the Chief Acquisition Officer, often on short notice.
- Thoroughly researches procurement policy questions and provides comprehensive, relevant and well thought out responses.
- Initiates, writes, and coordinates proposed VA Acquisition Regulation (VAAR) changes with VA's Office of Regulations Management to ensure continuous improvement and maintenance. Assists in drafting and updating the VA Acquisition Manual and drafts Procurement Policy Memorandum as required. View Assessment Questions