Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan," - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
You Can Make a Difference!
Every job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team, helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they deserve.
Location: This position is within the Office of Acquisition and Logistics in Washington DC. Incumbent may be subject to telework schedule.
Area of Consideration: To be considered eligible for this position, you must be eligible as a Competitive Merit Promotion and/or Non-Competitive Merit Promotion eligible, as explained below. If you do not have an eligibility described below, you will be considered outside the area of consideration.
Competitive Merit Promotion:
· Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles: Current or former Federal career or career conditional employees who hold, or have held, a non-temporary position in the competitive service, at a lower grade level than the position being announced.
· Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles: Veterans who are preference eligibles OR who have separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous service.
Non-Competitive Merit Promotion:
· Disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA;
· Individuals with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments); Individuals eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: military spouses under E.O. 13473; certain former overseas employees; present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; former White House staff; present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; certain National Guard technicians; Current and former Federal employees who meet the established criteria outlined in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement;
· Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles that hold, or have previously held a Federal career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level as the position being announced.
· Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) eligibles: displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration as determined by their employing agency.