Job Title:Veterans Service Representative - Pathways Recent Graduate Program
Department:Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency:Veterans Benefits Administration
Job Announcement Number:VB 923361-TMH
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$40,534.00 to $52,698.00 / Per Year|
|Friday, July 12, 2013 to Tuesday, July 16, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Recent Graduates|
|5 vacancies in the following location:|
Atlanta, GA United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Student/Internship Program Eligibles|
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)923361
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincolns promise To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan by serving and honoring the men and women who are Americas Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities and leadership positions at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities.
For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) values the contributions made by recent graduates of all ages and backgrounds.
This announcement is for a position being filled under the Pathways Recent Graduate Program for individuals who have completed, within the previous two years, a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution.
The Pathways Recent Graduate Program provides managers a ready source of developmental employees and potential permanent employees upon completion of the program requirements. It also provides the recent graduate with work experience directly related to their degree and career goals while offering eligibility for non-competitive conversion to permanent employment upon completion.
Pathways Program Considerations:
- Veterans Civil Service Preference applies to selection for positions in the Pathways Programs.
- An agency may appoint a non-citizen, provided that the individual is lawfully admitted to the United States as a permanent resident or is otherwise authorized to be employed.
- Appointments made under the Pathways Programs are under Schedule D in the excepted service.
- Service in a Pathways Program confers no right to further employment in the competitive or excepted service.
Here are some key provisions of the Recent Graduates Program.
- Recent graduates who have completed, within the previous two years, a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution.
- Preference Eligible Veterans unable to apply, due to military service obligations, have up to six years after the completion of their degree and/or certificate to apply.
- An individual who completed his or her educational requirements between December 27, 2010 and the effective date of the Pathways regulations (July 10, 2012) has 2 years of eligibility from July 10, 2012 to apply to the Recent Graduates Program.
- Mentorship throughout the program, Individual Development Plan (IDP), career planning, professional development, and training activities.
- Recent Graduates may be converted to a permanent position after successful completion of the 1-year Program period or at the end of the 120-day approved extension, unless the agency has an approved longer program based on a rigorous training and development requirement; or, in some limited circumstances a term appointment lasting 1-4 years.
Full requirements for Conversion:
- Completion of at least 1-year of continuous service in addition to all requirements of the Program.
- Demonstrated successful job performance.
- Meet the qualification standards for the position to which the Recent Graduate will be converted.
- Must possess US citizenship in order to be converted to a career/career conditional appointment.
For more information on the Pathways for Students go to http://www.opm.gov/HiringReform/Pathways/
- U.S. citizen, non-citizen, national or legal permanent resident.
- Subject to a background/suitability investigation.
- A complete application package; Resume, Vet Pref (if applicable), etc.
- A completed Occupational Questionnaire.
- Proof of degree or certificate (i.e. transcripts, Registrar Letter...etc).
- May be required to attend off-site training, which may require travel.