Reclamation is a contemporary water management agency that is best known for Hoover Dam on the Colorado River, Grand Coulee Dam on the Columbia River and Folsom Dam on the American River. Today we are the largest wholesaler of water in the country and the second largest producer of hydroelectric power in the western United States. Visit: http://www.usbr.gov.
View our DVD titled "Traditions, Talent, and Teamwork" at: http://www.usbr.gov/pmts/hr/video/
Position is being advertised concurrently under BR-DO-2013-113 for current federal employees serving under a competitive service career or career-conditional appointment or reinstatement eligible. If you are interested in applying under both announcement numbers, you must submit application packages for each.
Reclamation is seeking a professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on their expertise in geotechnical engineering. Responsibilities include providing engineering services such as risk analysis, dam safety, and project management for geotechnical engineering projects.
Would you enjoy working on major embankment dam and water resource projects with senior geotechnical engineers at Reclamation?
Here is a great opportunity to join a great organization with excellent growth potential!
LOCATION: Technical Services Center; Geotechnical Services Division; Geotechnical Engineering Group 4, Lakewood, CO
Relocation expenses not are authorized.
The position requires a current and valid Professional Engineer's license. Frequent travel, up to 25%, is required.
- Responsible for detailed planning, development, and completion of assigned geotechnical engineering design and analysis projects, especially embankment dams.
- Uses specialized knowledge of soil and rock mechanics and earth and rock fill dam design, plus working knowledge of general civil engineering, geology, structures, hydraulic, hazardous waste containment, construction, and digital computing methods as required by the geotechnical projects assigned.
- Responsible for various analyses for the solution of a wide variety of problems involving seepage and static and dynamic stability related to design, construction, operations, and rehabilitation of embankment dams and reservoirs, and the various concrete and underground structures.
- Assigns, prepares, or directs special technical studies on embankment dams, earth fill structures, and structures foundations in connection with construction and performance problems.
- Directs the preparation of comparative estimates, cost curves, quantity estimates, etc., to determine the most economical product.
- Prepares and directs the preparation of specifications drawings and paragraphs required to address the geotechnical aspects of assigned projects.