NOS is a scientific and technical organization whose mission is to preserve and enhance the nations coastal resources and ecosystems and advocates coastal and ocean stewardship. It achieves this through scientific research; monitoring, observing, and predicting scientific phenomena; preserving and restoring ocean and coastal areas; establishing and enhancing state and local governments coastal resources; mapping and charting; and responding to hazardous substance spills.
This position will be located in the National Ocean Service (NOS), Office of Coast Survey (OCS), in Silver Spring, MD.
This position will be filled under the DOC Alternative Personnel System (CAPS). This system replaced the Federal GS pay plan and structure. Under CAPS, positions are classified by career, pay plan, and pay band. The ZP-5 is equivalent to the GS-15.
This position is also being advertised under vacancy announcement number NOS-OCS-2013-0019 (Status). You must apply separately under each announcement to be considered for each announcement.
Payment of relocation expenses is NOT authorized.
This position requires the submission of a Financial Disclosure Form SF 450.
This is a non-bargaining unit position.
A one-year probationary period may be required.
A one-year supervisory probationary period may be required.
For all positions individual must have IT related experience and the following:
- Formulates and carries out an exceptionally difficult research or policy analysis program of major importance (in science, engineering, calibration, info. technology, economics, social science, statics) under general policy guidance,
- Promoting wide application of program results through publications, presentation, or authoritative reports or analyses
- Manages a research group or division;
- Independently plans, develops and implements vital projects that have operating unit and/or Department - wide scope.
- Managing and/or overseeing IT operations, including IT Security, for an organization.
- Developing and managing an organization's IT budget.