Qualification requirements in vacancy announcements are based on the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook, which contains federal qualification standards. This handbook is available on OPM's website at: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications
There are no minimum education requirements for this position.
Specialized Experience Required:
Applicants must have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the ZP-4 (GS-14) level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks:
- Managing or leading a team of IT professionals.
- Managing and/or overseeing IT operations for an organization.
- Reviewing an organization's IT policies to ensure operations comply with applicable regulations and guidelines.
- Devising strategic plan and/or tactics to improve budgetary and operational issues.
- Implementing IT system safe guards to secure networks and operations.
For all grade levels, individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating:
1. Attention to detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attention to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (both internal and external) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolves their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives and to make recommendations.
Education may NOT be substituted for the required specialized experience.
Your resume must document specialized experience and support your responses to the vacancy questions.
For more information about the qualifications requirements for this position: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/IORs/gs2200/2210-AltA.asp
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. If you meet the minimum qualifications stated in the vacancy announcement, we will compare your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to your responses on the scored occupational questionnaire (True/False, Yes/ No, Multiple Choice questions) and place you in one of three pre-defined categories. These categories are "gold," "silver," and "bronze." However, your resume and/or optional cover letter must support your responses to the self-assessment questions, or your score may be lowered. Candidates placed in the "gold" category will be identified for referral to the hiring manager and may be invited for an interview.
How you will be evaluated for preference eligibility: Within each category, those entitled to veterans' preference will be listed at the top of the pre-defined category for which they are placed. Preference eligibles with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest quality category (gold) depending on the position and grade level of the job.
The assessment tool will evaluate you on the following competencies; please do not provide a separate written response:
To preview questions please click here.
- Ability to supervise and provide leadership to a team of IT professionals.
- Ability to analyze requirements, formulate recommendations, and implement decisions with regards to IT systems.
- Ability to manage IT projects and teams throughout an entire IT system development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of project management techniques and methods.
- Ability to ensure that IT applications/systems adhere to governing policies, principles, and practices.
- Ability to lead IT strategic planning including out-year budget planning and formulation, and developing operational requirements.
- Ability to implement and coordinate activities to secure and protect IT systems, services, and capabilities.