The Chillicothe and Ross County Community represents an ideal relocation opportunity and has been cited in popular periodicals as one of a growing number of smaller communities (approximately 75,000) with positive economic and cultural influences.
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincolns promise To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan by serving and honoring the men and women who are Americas Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
Special Employment Consideration: Individuals eligible for the following appointments are encouraged to apply: 5 CFR 213.3102 "u", Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities ; mental retardation, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities; and Disabled veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.
WORK SCHEDULE: Weekdays; some evening and/or weekend hours may be required.
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: Students currently enrolled at least half-time in an accredited college or other qualifying educational institution pursuing a degree or certificate in one of the following disciplines: Social Work, Psychology, Dietetics, Physical Rehab, or Nursing.
As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities and leadership positions at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, but we also provide many other services to veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries.
VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/
This position functions in the Program Support Assistant (Allied Health Coach Trainee), Primary Care Line Service. Incumbent will meet with Veterans in individual and group settings to provided education on the process for developing a Personalized Health Plan. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
· Incumbent will be responsible for tracking contact hours with Veterans and ensuring appropriate follow up to support the Veteran in achieving their health goals.
· Steps involved in creating a personalized health Plan include: completion of an initial Health and Wellness Assessment, completion of a Personalized Health Plan that outline the Veteran's behavioral health goals; and follow up health coaching sessions to build skills and confidence in executing the plan.
· Incumbent will work with the care team to select appropriate Veterans to participate in this pilot program.
· Incumbent will be expected to have basic administrative skills including typing, computer software skills (i.e. Microsoft Office package), emailing (i.e. Microsoft Outlook) and telephone skills.
· Incumbent should have some familiarity with healthcare delivery and basic behavioral health coaching skills either through educational experience or vocational training but not is not expected to provide expert medical advice to Veterans.
Position Description Title/PD#: Program Support Assistant, GS-0303-4/5
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.