The International Trade Administration is the largest Federal agency helping U.S. firms compete in the global economy. Join our team to promote U.S. commercial interests and competitiveness of American industry at home and abroad. You can help us create opportunities for U.S. workers and firms by promoting international trade and providing consistent value-added results and creative solutions to clients.
This position is located in the US and Foreign Commercial Service, Office of Domestic Operations Field located in Old Westbury (Long Island), NY.
This position is also being advertised under announcement number ITA-Field-2013-0009 (Open to the Public). You must apply separately under each announcement to be considered for each announcement.
A one-year probationary period may be required.
Payment of relocation expenses are NOT authorized.
This is a non-bargaining unit position.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Plan, develop, and implement export programs and strategies for US companies
- Provide information on US Department of Commerce and other US government programs to support expanding trade,
- Assist US companies in identifying and exploring export opportunities in overseas markets.
- Respond to requests for information on market conditions, trade opportunities, and problems affecting trade in the region.
- Analyze trade statistics and contribute to market research efforts.
- Prepare summaries, articles, or short reports on current trade issues.
- Develop and maintain appropriate contacts with US industry, US Government agencies, and international organizations involved in international trade.