Do you want to perform challenging work in a collegial environment, while enjoying quality of life and a competitive compensation package? Invest in your career at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)!
The SEC's mission is to protect investors, maintain fair, orderly, and efficient markets, and facilitate capital formation. The agency seeks high-caliber professionals who share the same values of integrity, fairness, accountability, resourcefulness, teamwork, and commitment to excellence.
The SEC offers a number of enhanced pay and benefits plus the standard Federal benefits:
· Paid dental insurance and vision insurance.
· Increased agency subsidy for health insurance which supplements your health benefits premiums by $25 for self-only coverage, and $50 for family coverage.
· Mass transportation subsidy up to $245 per month.
· Telework Opportunities
· Domestic Partner Health Insurance Reimbursement Program
The mission of the Office of Public Affairs is to help every other SEC division and office accomplish its missions to protect investors, maintain fair, orderly, and efficient markets, and facilitate capital formation. The office administers internal and external Commission communications programs and coordinates relations with the media, the general public, Commission staff, and foreign visitors.
This position is located in the Office of Public Affairs, located in Washington, DC.
Major duties are:
· Creates navigational and visual design of Commission by translating requirements into design solutions.
· Ensures that all informational materials distributed via Commissions websites and social media outlets are consistently branded in a manner that advances the Commissions mission and are easily understood by a diverse audience.
· Reviews web metrics and makes recommendations on ways to improve website usability and performance.
· Develops CMS templates from wireframes.
· Develops templates for mobile devices and tablets.
· Suggests and develops interactive web content that will have the greatest potential for engaging and helping the public gain the information they desire about the Commissions operations.
· Performs routine communications activities as required.
· Understands and stays current with web design and other mobile and online communications standards.
· Understands and provides solutions to cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility issues with respect to website design.