Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan," - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Every job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team, helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they deserve.
Location: This position is within the Business Resource Service at the Hines, Il location.
**This position is only open to those that reside in the Hines, IL commuting area (within 50 miles of the duty location) OR applicants who are eligible under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act**
Area of Consideration. To be eligible under Merit Promotion, you must have an eligibility listed below:
Competitive Merit Promotion
*Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles: current Federal or former employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service that hold, or have held a career or career-conditional position at a lower grade level as the position being announced. An SF-50 must show appointment in the competitive service.
*Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles.
Non-Competitive Merit Promotion:
*Disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA
*Individuals with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments)
*Individuals eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: Military spouses under E.O. 13473; Certain former overseas employees; Present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; Former White House staff; Present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; Certain National Guard technicians.
*Current and former Federal employees who meet the established criteria outlined in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement
*Transfer or reinstatement eligibles that hold, or have previously held a career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level with the same or higher promotion potential as the position being announced.
*Veterans Recruitment Authority (VRA), allows appointments of eligible veterans up to the GS-11 level.
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities (i.e. intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities) and/or Disabled Veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.
If you are selected under one of the following appointing authorities, you will be required to complete and pass the ACWA assessment before you are brought onboard
- Veteran Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Non-competitive authority to hire Peace Corp returnees
- 30% disabled veterans
The incumbent will:
- Develop criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of specific programs and making recommendations for improvement.
- Provide management with planning guidance and advice on administrative and customer service related issues and the development of subsequent procedures.
- Determine the need for information, how and where to obtain it, and design methods to obtain and present that information.
- Establish study methods and techniques to analyze and measure program effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity.
- Assist in the development, organization, and maintenance of an information tracking system with reporting capabilities.
- Conduct presentations which justify and defend programmatic aspects of mission critical programs.
- Solicit and compile information in order to issue timely responses with reporting requirements.
View Assessment Questions