BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United
States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the
applicant's graduation. A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a
foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge
substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States may be
demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for
Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) or a fifth pathway certificate for Americans
who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education
in a foreign country. Applicants who received a degree from a foreign medical
school, but are licensed to practice medicine in a state, the District of
Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States,
require no other certification with regard to the quality of their education.
Additional Qualification Requirements: In addition to meeting the Basic Qualification Requirements candidates
must also have five years of residency training in the specialty of the
position to be filled or equivalent experience and training.
NOTE: A residency
program involves training in a specialized field of medicine in an institution
accredited for training in the specialty by a recognized body of the American
Medical Association (AMA) or AOA.
Applicants must have at least one year of specialized experience at the
GS-14 level in the Federal service.
Specialized Experience: Experience which is directly related to the position which has equipped
the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) to
successfully perform the duties of the position to include experience planning, directing, evaluating, and coordinating epidemiologic research studies and statistical analysis of these studies while providing technical assistance to domestic and international partners on matters relating to the improvement of their public health activities associated with preventing STDs and/or other related infectious diseases.
Foreign Education: A college or university degree must be accredited (or pre-accredited) and recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Please refer to: http://www.ope.ed.gov/accreditation/Search.aspx. If you are qualifying based on foreign education you must submit proof of creditability of education as evaluated by a credentialing agency. Refer to: www.opm.gov/qualifications/SEC-II/s2-e4.asp#e4a.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. One-year probationary period may be required.
6. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: May be
7. Bargaining Unit Position: No
8. Drug Screening Required: No
9. Travel required with position: No
10. Recruitment Bonus may be authorized: No
11. Research position: No
12. Promotion potential: No
13. Supervisory position: No
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of the resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility. Category rating procedures will be used to rate and rank candidates. The category assignment is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the competencies required for this position. Qualified candidates will be ranked into one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified or Qualified.
The Category Rating Process does not add veterans preference points but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligibles who meet the minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category (except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the GS-9 level or higher). Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics). You do not have to respond to the KSAs separately but your resume should contain sufficient information to demonstrate possession of the KSAs.
Knowledge of the theories, principles, and concepts of a medical
Knowledge of the theories, concepts, principles, practices,
methods and techniques of public health.
Knowledge of Program Management/Leadership.
Ability to communicate in writing.
Ability to communicate orally.
Skill in Resource Management.