Job Title: Child and Youth Program Assistant (Entry, Skill and Target)Job Announcement Number: EUNAFJJ13921660
Department: Department of the Army
Agency: Army Installation Management Command
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Hour
Friday, July 05, 2013 to
Friday, July 12, 2013
SERIES & GRADE:
Part Time 20 hours -
1 vacancy in the following location:
Garmisch GermanyView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
US Citizens and Non Citizens
There when you need us! Child, Youth & School Services recognizes the challenges of our Soldiers and their Families. By offering quality programs for children, youth and students, CYS supports the Army Family Covenant by reducing the conflict between mission readiness and parental responsibility.
You can apply for this position using the following options (you must have a resume or use the NAF Optional Application http://www.apd.army.mil/pub/eforms/pdf/a3433.pdf to apply):
1. Preferred Apply electronically via USAJOBS https://usajobs.gov/. This will ensure faster processing of your application. You will also receive faster status updates. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
*You can download the USAJOBS.gov app to your smart phone!
2. Fax your resume to (478)757-3144. The following cover sheet must be included http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf for proper processing. NOTE: Faxed documents take 2-3 business days to process. To complete the job related questions complete http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf.
3. Mail or email your resume (or Optional Application) to the point of contact listed on the vacancy announcement.
4. Drop off your resume in person to the servicing CPAC NAF Division.
You are highly encouraged to provide all supporting documentation as well as complete the job related questions.
ORGANIZATION: GARMISCH CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTER.
- Direct Deposit is required.
- Social Security card is required.
- Citizenship eligible under country SOFA agreement.
- Physical examination is required
DUTIES:Back to top
Performs routine or repetitive established tasks, following verbal and written instructions, under close supervision of higher-level employees. Work is reviewed in detail, while in progress and upon completion, to ensure and assess trainee's progress, and to evaluate attainment of training objectives and readiness for increased autonomy and further training.
This is a developmental assignment to Target position Child and Youth Program Assistant (Target Level-4), CY-1702-02, Job #AM299. Serves as a Child and Youth Program Assistant (CYPA) in one or more CYS programs. Maintains control of and accounts for whereabouts and safety of children and youth. Assists in providing and leading planned activities for program participants.
Full position descriptions may be viewed by clicking on the following links;
Entry Level https://acpol2.army.mil/naf/search_fs/pd_output.aspx?id=2187
Skill Level https://acpol2.army.mil/naf/search_fs/pd_output.aspx?id=2188
Target Level https://acpol2.army.mil/naf/search_fs/pd_output.aspx?id=2186&jobnum=AM299
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
ENTRY LEVEL REQUIREMENTS:
Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate.
Be able to communicate in English (both written and verbal).
Be 18 years of age at the time of appointment.
Possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds, walk, bend, and stoop and stand on a routine basis.
Duties may involve working both indoors and outdoors.
Documentation of good mental and physical health and freedom from communicable disease.
Satisfactory completion of Local and National Background Checks.
SKILL LEVEL REQUIREMENTS:
Meet Entry-level requirements and candidate must:
Possess three (3) months experience working in a group program with children and/or youth.
Completion of Army Entry Level Training Certificate (Air Force/Navy equivalent).
Meet Entry-level requirements and demonstrated satisfactory performance.
One year of education above high school level which included nine (9) semester hours of college credit in early childhood/elementary/secondary/special education, child/youth development, psychology, human development, youth program administration, recreation or related behavioral sciences, or one (1) year vocational certificate in childcare.
TARGET LEVEL REQUIREMENTS:
Meet entry-level requirements and candidate must:
Meet skill-level requirements and demonstrated satisfactory performance.
Possess twelve (12) months experience working in a group program with children and/or youth.
Completion of Army Foundation Level Training Certificate (Air Force/Navy equivalent).
Two (2) years of education above the High School level, which includes twelve (12) semester hours of college credit in early childhood/elementary/secondary/special education, child/youth development, psychology, human development, youth program administration or related behavioral sciences.
Conditions of employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required.
2. Meet all qualification/eligibility requirements.
3. Satisfactorily complete an employment verification check.
4. Successfully complete all required background checks to include a health screening.
5. This position may require incumbent to work evenings and weekends.
NOTE: Employment will be denied or terminated if your background checks reveal any of the following: Conviction for a sexual offense, a drug felony or any drug related offense, a violent crime, or a criminal offense involving a child or children.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Credit may be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.