Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 921513 (Please include on all documents.)
As a VA
professional, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the
multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities and
leadership positions at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most
technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, but we
also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits
Administration and National Cemeteries. VA professionals feel good about their
careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous
paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling
opportunities. Click here for more
information about careers in the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including
those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities[i.e., intellectual disabilities,
severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities], and/or Disabled veterans with a compensable service-connected
disability of 30% or more. Contact the Agency Contact on the
last page of the JOA for information on how to apply under this appointment
authority via the Selective Placement Coordinator.
This position is located at the Veterans Benefits Administration Portland Regional Office satellite location in Eugene, Oregon.
- The Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (VRC) provides and coordinates a wide range of rehabilitation and personal adjustment counseling services to disabled veterans and other eligible individuals.
- The services provided include: initial rehabilitation evaluations, entitlement determinations, rehabilitation planning, problem solving counseling, case documentation and management, employment services, psychological testing and interpretation of test results, and guidance to junior VRCs.
- The counselor assesses data received from medical, psychological, and vocational evaluations and develops complex individualized rehabilitation plans.
- Collaborates regarding employment resource development and placement.
- The counselor acts as a liaison with local military installations, particularly with military personnel in the medical evaluations and discharge process and other support services.
- At the full performance level, the counselor may oversee casework performed by lower-graded Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors and Specialists.
**Applicants must have valid driver's license.**
Work Schedule: Monday Friday Hours to be
Position Description PD#: 04151A
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not authorized for this
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance
level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and
performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not
guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
progression for this position is GS-09/11/12.
level of this position is GS-12.