The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, or FERC, is an independent agency that regulates the interstate transmission of natural gas, oil, and electricity. FERC also regulates natural gas and hydropower projects. As part of our goal, we are seeking highly skilled individuals to assist in carrying out the mission of this agency. The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission assists consumers in obtaining reliable, efficient and sustainable energy services at a reasonable cost through appropriate regulatory and market means. To learn more about the Commission, please visit www.ferc.gov.
This position is located in the Office of Enforcement, which serves the public interest by ensuring effective regulations and protecting customers through understanding markets and their regulation, timely identifying and remedying market problems, assuring compliance with Commission rules and regulations, and detecting and crafting remedies to address market manipulation and other non-compliance issues.
Position is included in the Bargaining Unit
Please note - Only your resume and cover letter will be forwarded to the selecting official.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement and the office for that selection may vary.
The candidate(s) selected for this position will possess the following:
- Demonstrate broad and substantive understanding of legal investigations and litigation processes in an enforcement environment.
- Demonstrate solid technical skills in a variety of support functions, including managing case-related documents and evidence using a variety of hardware and software tools.
- Demonstrate ability to perform automated and manual factual and industry research, including use of various online and database facilities.
- Display the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, using appropriate language, and organizing and conveying facts and ideas clearly, concisely, and objectively.
- Create and support document databases/indexes, transcripts, and images in Summation, Concordance, and like litigation support database applications.