The NIH is the premier biomedical research center for the world. Its 27 Institutes and Centers employ approximately 18,000 employees doing a vast array of jobs, all supporting efforts for a healthy nation. For information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visit NIH Overview.
This position is located in the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), Division of Intramural Research (DIR), Laboratory of Clinical Infectious Diseases (LCID).
If selected for this position at the GS-12 level, you will perform the following duties:
- Independently assess acute and non-acute clinical and research related problems and toxicities.
- Perform clinical and research-related procedures, including (but not limited to) patient scheduling; history/physical (including pelvic examination); administering questionnaires; mucosal sampling; collection of saliva and/or vaginal fluid.
- Lead patient care rounds and conferences.
- Contribute to the design, methodology, implementation, and regulatory review of specific protocols as assigned.
- Monitor and document clinical and research-related developments and response to therapy and communicate findings to principle investigators with recommendations for appropriate intervention.
- Communicate and collaborate with the multidisciplinary research team to ensure that patient management strategies are successful in meeting patient care and research needs.
If selected for this position at the GS-11 level, your duties will be essentially the same as those described at the GS-12 level; however, you will function with less autonomy and more oversight.