Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
Who May Apply: This vacancy is open to current Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Center for Tobacco Product employees with competitive status only. Competitive status refers to employees who are serving on a career or career conditional appointment.
PHS Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps may apply online to this announcement. Candidates will be referred to (CC) personnel and not as candidates for conversion to a permanent career or career-conditional appointment.
YOU MUST SUBMIT YOUR SF-50 (AND DD-214 IF APPLICABLE).
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Service, Food and Drug Administration, Center for Tobacco Prooducts.
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical area FDA-wide.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop policies and programs involving matters affecting the regulation of the Center for Tobacco Products.
- Draft or critically review documents embodying policy and program proposals and decisions on these products.
- Draft or review proposals for new regulations and policy statements involving his or her area of regulatory expertise.
- Review, summarize, and draft responses to public comments received on proposed regulations and recommends adoption or rejection of counter proposals contained in comments and objections.
- Draft final regulations.
- Review and evaluate evidence for legal and administrative action recommendations and recalls.