Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce.
Who May Apply
- All U.S. Citizens
- For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here
This position is ideal for a professional looking to implement FEMA's External Affairs Division programs. This position starts at $75,222(GS-12). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Region I, External Affairs Division in Boston, MA. This position is being announced under FEMA's CORE Program (Cadre of On-call Response/Recovery employees). These positions are authorized under P.L. 93-288 to perform temporary disaster work and are funded from the Disaster Relief Fund. Appointments are excepted service, temporary appointments. This is a 2 year temporary appointment in the Excepted Service.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: For all nonbargaining unit positions, the following applies: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Region I Office, External Affairs Division in Boston, MA. The incumbent will be responsible for performing administrative duties and limited program support to the functional areas of time keeping and payroll, facilities management, mail management, human resources, accountable property management, and customer service as required.
- Assists all divisions in the development, videotaping, editing, production and uploading of information related to all FEMA Region I programs.
- Works closely with Joint Field Offices (JFOs) on disasters in Region I, by training personnel in the use of technical equipment and assisting with the production of products related to the documentation of diaster field operations and regional disaster related mission accomplishments.
- Develops, delivers and integrates all materials on the Region I and disaster websites to ensure they are available for use in justification for future projects.
- Integrates products that will be used to inform not only the public but legislative delegations at all levels as well as private sector leaders.Establishes and maintains subject matter files and records relevant to the work under the supervisor's direction.
- Assists all customers by utilizing their extensive knowledge in a variety of subject areas to provide interpretation and explanation of a wide range of subject and tailoring writen products, photos and videos for specific audiences.
- Ensures that all products are in compliance with all accessibility Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act..