Job Title:General Engineer (TCF) Pathways
Department:Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency:Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Job Announcement Number:VHA-664-13-AFe-917920
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$35,657.00 to $81,184.00 / Per Year|
|Wednesday, July 03, 2013 to Monday, July 15, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Recent Graduates|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
San Diego, CA United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|ANNOUNCEMENT WILL BE OPENED FOR SEVEN DAYS or THE FIRST 50 CANDIDATES, Individuals who have obtained a qualiyfing degree or certificate within the previous 2 years or other applicable period as described under "Job Summary"-Eligibility Requirements." Students may apply if they are within 3 months of completing the above described requirements. (NOTE individuals who graduated between 12/27/10 and 07/10/12 will be eligible to apply under the Recent Graduates Program through 07/10/2014.)|
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities [i.e., intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities], and/or Disabled veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more. Contact the Agency Contact on the last page of the JOA for information on how to apply under this appointment authority via the Selective Placement Coordinator.
What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
This position is being filled under the TCF Recent Graduates Program. TCF is a national workforce development program within VHA that was designed to replenish technical staff in critically identified positions. The TCF career fields represent those technical fields where VA-specific knowledge and experience is desirable for success in the field.
Some may think the responsibility of providing superior health care services rests squarely on the shoulders of those who practice medicine. At VA, we believe every position in the health care environment plays a critical role in maintaining our "I CARE" values. That's why we created the Technical Career Field (TCF) Program - one of the largest training programs at VA. TCF internships equip professionals (including veterans) with the specialized knowledge they need to support the delivery of quality health care for our Nation's veterans.
America's Veterans need you! To find out more, go to http://www.va.gov/jobs/.
Individuals selected for these positions are trained, coached, and supervised by a preceptor. Preceptors are selected annually, through an extensive application process, for their technical expertise, their commitment to training and the suitability of their facility as a training location.
If selected for the TCF Recent Graduate Program, you will follow a formal training plan for 2 years. During the first year, you will be under a temporary appointment in the excepted service. Participants who are successfully meeting the requirements at the end of their first year are eligible for conversion to a permanent appointment or a term appointment (1-4 years in duration) without further competition. This conversion is at the agency's discretion.
Selectees will be required to sign Mobility, Training, Continued Service and Participant Agreements.
What are the Eligibility Requirements?
In order to be eligible for an appointment under the TCF Recent Graduate Program you must meet the following requirements:
* Two years, an associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution such as an accredited technical or vocational school; a 2- or 4-year college or university; a graduate or professional school (e.g., law school, medical school); or a post-secondary home school curriculum. Note: Certificate program is defined as post-secondary education in a qualifying educational institution equal to at least one academic year of full-time study that's part of an accredited college-level, technical, trade, vocational, or business school curriculum.
* Veterans (as defined in 5 USC 2108) who, due to military service obligation, were precluded from applying to the Recent Graduates Program during any portion of the 2-year eligibility period described above have a full 2-year period of eligibility upon their release or discharge from active duty; however, this eligibility period cannot extend beyond 6 years from the date of completion of the requirements of an academic course of study.
* Student may apply if they are within 3 months of completing the qualifying degree
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this job.
- Subject to a background/suitability investigation.
- Designated and/or random drug testing may be required.