All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sectors. Qualifying education must have been obtained from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review in our office, in other Federal agency personnel offices, and on OPM's web site at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
Applicants must meet the basic qualification requirements AND the minimum qualification requirements.
Basic Requirements (For all grade levels):
A. Degree: accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law. (The term "accounting" means "accounting and/or auditing" in this standard. Similarly, "accountant" should be interpreted, generally, as "accountant and/or auditor.")
B. Combination of education and experience -- at least four (4) years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge. The applicant's background must include ONE of the following:
-- 24 semester/36 quarter hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality. This can include up to 6 semester/9 quarter hours of business law;
-- A certificate as Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination; or
-- Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing, e.g., 15 semester/22 quarter hours, but that does not fully satisfy the 24-semester hour/36-quarter hour requirement in paragraph A, provided that (a) the applicant has successfully worked at the full performance level in accounting, auditing, or a related field, e.g., valuation engineering or financial institution examining; (b) a panel of at least two higher level professional accountants or auditors has determined that the applicant has demonstrated a good knowledge of accounting and of related and underlying fields that equals in breadth, depth, currency, and level of advancement that which is normally associated with successful completion of the four-year course of study described in paragraph A; and (c) except for literal non conformance to the requirement for 24 semester/36 quarter hours in accounting, the applicant's education, training, and experience fully meet the specified requirements.
Minimum Qualification Requirement: In addition to meeting the Basic Requirement, applicants must have one year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to at least the SK-12 level, which includes: applying generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and the related federal securities laws, Commission rules and regulations in preparing or reviewing the financial statements of public companies that are provided in disclosure documents filed with the Commission; identifying, analyzing and resolving accounting and reporting issues facing public companies; providing technical assistance to public companies on the form and content requirements of financial statements and financial-related information included in public company filings.
- Certification as a Certified Public Accountant.
- Recent experience as described above working with large public financial institutions and other public firms in the financial or banking sector.
Your application will be evaluated based on your ability to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities/competencies:
· Knowledge of Federal securities laws and Commission rules and regulations.
· Skill in recognizing, analyzing and resolving disclosure and financial reporting issues.
· Experience in applying Accounting Principles Board Opinions, Financial Accounting Standard Board Statements and Auditing Standards.
1. Application procedures are specific to this vacancy announcement. Please read all the instructions carefully. Failure to follow the instructions may result in your not being considered for this position.
2. Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must have registered for the selective service. For more information, visit http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/selectiveservicerequirements.asp#icc.
3. Supplementary vacancies may be filled in addition to the number stated in this announcement.
4. This position has promotion potential to the SK-14.
5. PROBATIONARY PERIOD: This appointment may require completion of a one-year probationary period.
6. SECURITY CLEARANCE: Entrance on duty is contingent upon completion of a pre-employment security investigation. Favorable results on a Background Investigation may be a condition of employment or selection to another position.
7. PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION (PCS): Moving/Relocation expenses are not authorized.
8. DIRECT DEPOSIT: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
9. This position is in the bargaining unit.
Information for Veterans: You may be eligible to receive preference in appointment. For more information please visit: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
Surplus or Displaced Federal Employees: For information on how to apply through the Interagency Career Transition Assistance program (ICTAP) see http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must meet the Well Qualified criteria of the rating scale for this position.
Schedule A Candidates: For information, please e-mail: DisabilityEmploymentProgram@SEC.gov
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
BASIS OF RATING: Candidates who meet the basic qualification requirements for this vacancy may be forwarded for consideration. Individuals with veteran's preference will be forwarded for consideration ahead of other applicants without preference.
This posting has cut-off periods. Qualified applicants will be forwarded to the hiring committee every three weeks, the first of which will occur on August 16, 2012.