Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. After a review of your complete application is made you will be notified of your rating and or referral to the hiring official. If further evaluation or interviews are required you will be contacted.
Instructions for completing the OPM 1203-FX:
If you are applying to this announcement by completing the OPM 1203-FX form instead of using the Online Application method, please use the following step-by-step instructions as a guide to filling out the required questionnaire. You will need to print the vacancy announcement and refer to it as you answer the questions. You may omit any optional information; however, you must provide responses to all required questions. Be sure to double check your application before submission.
Social Security Number
Vacancy Identification Number
9202721. Title of Job
SURFACE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC2. Biographic Data3. E-Mail Address4. Work Information5. Employment Availability6. Citizenship
Are you a citizen of the United States?7. Background Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.8. Other Information9. Languages
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.10. Lowest Grade
1011. Miscellaneous Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.12. Special Knowledge
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.13. Test Location
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.14. Veteran Preference Claim
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.15. Dates of Active Duty - Military Service
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.16. Availability Date17. Service Computation Date
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.18. Other Date Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.19. Job Preference
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.20. Occupational Specialties
001 Surface Maintenance Mechanic21. Geographic Availability
172250115 Decatur, IL22. Transition Assistance Plan
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.23. Job Related Experience
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.24. Personal Background Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.25. Occupational/Assessment Questions:
1. Are you currently a member of the Illinois National Guard?
2. If you are a member of the Illinois National Guard, are you currently a technician? Select the description below which best describes your status.
A. I am currently a Permanent Federal Technician with the Illinois National Guard.
B. I am currently an Indefinite Federal Technician with the Illinois National Guard.
C. I am currently a Temporary Federal Technician with the Illinois National Guard.
D. I am a current traditional Military (M-Day)member of the Illinois National Guard.
E. Not a current member.
3. If you are not a member of the Illinois National Guard, are you willing to become a member? If yes, contact the recruiting command at 1-800-GO GUARD, or www.1800goguard.com to see if you are eligible for enlistment.
C. Not Applicable, I am a current member.
4. Do you possess a valid State drivers license for the State in which you live or are principally employed?
Respond to all the questions below. For each question, choose the response below that best describes your experience and/or training. Mark only one response for each question. Please note that your answers will be verified against the information you provide in your resume or application and information your references provide.
5. Do you possess experience, education or training which demonstrates your ability to maintain and repair automotive vehicles? (Must have knowledge of where and how components, accessories, and parts of systems, such as wheel cylinders, fuel lines, condensers, etc. are installed. Must have the ability to use test equipment, reference material and manuals, and maintain tools and equipment.)
For each of the following tasks, choose the statement from below that best describes your months of the required experience as listed below.
A- I know little or nothing about this
B- I have had study or training in this.
C- I have used my knowledge or ability, but I have been closely supervised.
D- I have used my knowledge or ability on my own, under normal supervision.
E- I am consulted by other journeypersons in difficult situations, or I am called on to do unusually difficult jobs.
6. Knowledge of mechanical makeup, operation, and working relationships of complex systems, assemblies, and parts for a variety of combat, tactical, commercial, special purpose vehicles and equipment.
7. Diagnose, repair, overhaul, and modify a variety of combat, tactical, commercial, special purpose vehicles and equipment.
8. Knowledge of electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic, and other non-mechanical systems that have a functional relationship and effect on the operation of mechanical systems.
9. Knowledge of hydraulic lifting, loading, turning, and positioning systems and their mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, and electronic controls.
10. Knowledge of electronics, sufficient to identify and replace defective components, such as sensors, diodes, and circuit boards.
11. Repair or overhaul major components such as diesel, multi-fuel or gasoline engines, turbine engines, automatic and manual transmissions, drive line assemblies, electrical and electronic systems and accessories, fuel injection systems, and emission control systems.
12. Use a wide variety of test and diagnostics equipment to perform fault isolation and conduct repair of combat, tactical, commercial, special purpose vehicles and equipment.
13. Operate and understand original equipment manufacturer computerized diagnostic equipment and embedded diagnostics.
14. Utilize, interpret and apply parts list, manufacturer's repair manuals, technical manuals, diagrams, engineering drawings, diagnostic computer information, and schematics.
15. Do you possess 18 months: Experience or training diagnosing, repairing, overhauling, and modifying more complex vehicles, equipment, and more complicated systems. Experience which has provided a thorough knowledge of diagnostic equipment. Experience applying independent judgment in determining methods and techniques required to solve unusually complex maintenance and repair problems. Experienced in testing, inspecting, and evaluating the work performed on vehicles, equipment and systems.
16. If you answered NO to question 15, do you possess 12 months: Experience or training using common hand and power tools and a small variety of test and measurement devices to make mechanical repairs. Experience removing, adjusting, replacing, cleaning, and installing a variety of parts, components, and accessories. Experience which demonstrates a basic understanding of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic theory applying to vehicles; and skill to replace, fit, install, and make adjustments. Experience demonstrating an understanding of the makeup and operation of the various individual systems maintained and their interrelationships. Experience reading and interpreting parts lists, manufactures repair manuals, diagrams, and electrical schematics.
17. If you answered NO to questions 15 and 16, do you possess 6 months: Experience or training using common hand tools in making repetitive repairs under close supervision. Experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the simpler and routine duties of the trade.