Job Title:Information Technology Specialist, GS-2210-09 - Recent Graduates Program
Department:General Services Administration
Agency:Federal Acquisition Service
Job Announcement Number:1305025LBOTR
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$47,664.00 to $67,589.00 / Per Year|
|Wednesday, July 03, 2013 to Wednesday, July 17, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full-time - Excepted appointment which may be non-competitively converted to a term or permanent position.|
|FEW vacancies -
Indianapolis, IN, USView Map|
FEW vacancies - Chicago Metro Area, IL, US
WHO MAY APPLY:
You may have heard GSA called 'the government's landlord', but GSA is about more than just buildings...We're a vehicle management and acquisition service...a real estate manager...an IT solutions provider...a global supply chain manager...and more! GSA provides innovative solutions for Federal agencies that include products, services, workspace, and expertise to build a more high-performing, efficient, sustainable, and transparent government for the American people. And, since our jobs are as diverse as the services we provide, GSA is a great place to start, build, and expand your career.
GSA has been repeatedly named by the Partnership for Public Service as one of the 'Best Places to Work in the Federal Government'.
As an Information Technology Specialist, you will be involved in providing IT support and assistance to client agencies or prospective customers, all external to GSA. This advanced developmental position will provide the opportunity to gain the experiences and knowledge required to perform the full range of duties of an IT Specialist.
This position is located in the Federal Acquisition Service, Network Services Division. This office manages programs that provide telecommunications to federal agencies, including administrative and technical support by:
- Effectively leveraging competition to offer the best available telecommunications services and solutions at the best overall prices in the marketplace.
- Providing a customer focused, highly responsive, and fully integrated approach to helping federal agencies.
GSA offers its employees a wide range of benefits including:
- Federal health insurance plans (choose from a wide range of plans)
- Life insurance coverage with several options to choose from
- Leave policies to help you take care of your personal, recreational, and health care needs
- Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401(k) plan)
- Flexible work schedules and telework
- Transit and child care subsidies
- Training and development
This position is being announced under the Pathways Recent Graduates Program. This program affords developmental experiences in the Federal Government intended to promote possible careers in the civil service to individuals who have recently graduated from qualifying educational institutions or programs. Successful applicants are placed in a dynamic, developmental program with the potential to lead to a civil service career in the Federal Government. The program lasts for 1 year (unless the training requirements of the position warrant a longer and more structured training program). Additional information about the Recent Graduates Program can be found at http://www.opm.gov/HiringReform/Pathways/program/graduates/
- Apply online (See How to Apply section.)
- Signed participant agreement is required for employment under this Program.
- U.S. Citizenship or National