Department: Department of the Air Force
Agency: Air National Guard Units (Title 32)
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
East Granby, CT United StatesView Map
CONNECTICUT AIR NATIONAL GUARD
TECHNICIAN VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
This is an indefinite position that may convert to permanent without further competition.
DUTY LOCATION: 103d Airlift Wing (AW), East Granby, CT
JOB SUMMARY: This position is located in the Military Personnel Flight (MPF), Mission Support Group at an Air National Guard (ANG) flying wing. Its primary purpose is to plan, organize, administer, and troubleshoot the operation and data base integrity of the Military Personnel Data System in support of military human resources management functions. Serves as the primary point of contact to ensure the effective operation of satellite human resources interface with United States Air Force (USAF) servers and related human resources computers both hardware and software. Provides training on utilization of the different components of the Military Personnel Data System (MILPDS). Provides technical guidance regarding the overall scope of the MILPDS and interfacing systems to identify and solve personnel system related problems, which could inhibit or prevent a high state of readiness.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Air National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Connecticut Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Connecticut Air National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a Connecticut Air National Guard recruiter at (860) 292-2509 before applying for this position.
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
- Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Air National Guard.
- Area 2: All current members of the Connecticut Air National Guard and individuals eligible for membership in the Connecticut Air National Guard.
- Must meet Compatible Military Assignment within one year from placement.
- Wear of the military uniform is mandatory.
- Direct Deposit is mandatory.
- Incumbent must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.