Your resume must indicate your ability to do the work of a Food Service Worker without more than normal supervision. You must show that you possess:
(1) Skill in the use of food handling techniques; and
(2) Knowledge of sanitation and safety requirements common to food service work. You must be able to follow recipes and combine ingredients for salads and other uncooked dishes.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Light to heavy physical effort is required. Frequently lifts and moves items weighing up to 40 pounds. Subject to continuous standing and walking, and frequent stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling and bending. May be required to work on ladders and use powered cleaning equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is usually performed indoors in areas that have adequate light and ventilation. Exposed to hot liquids, sharp cutting blades, and hot working surfaces, and extreme temperature changes when entering walk-in refrigerators or freezing units. There is a danger of falling from a ladder or slipping on a floor where food or beverages have spilled.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g., interview, K.S.A's where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor.
Conditions of employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
6. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
7. Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
8. You may claim Military Spouse Preference.
9. Documentation to support Military Spouse Preference needs to be submitted at time of application.
10. Applicants claiming Veterans Preference must clearly show an entitlement to such preference on the resume/supplemental data submitted.
11. Applicants who claim Veterans Preference must upload/submit their DD-214.
12. Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in the vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
13. Position requires employee to wear a uniform and/or protective clothing.
14. All selectees must complete a DA Form 3433-1 (Supplemental Application Form) as a condition of employment. DA Forms may be accessed at: http/www.cpol.army.mil/library/naf/jobkit/NAF-jobkit.pdf.
Please refer to the "How to Apply" section for a detailed listing of required documents. Failure to submit all of the required documents may result in an ineligible rating.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies:
- Ability to do the work of a Food Service Worker without more than normal supervision
- Basic food preparation
- Ability to follow instructions
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.