Job Title:Management and Program Analyst - SV-0343-H
Department:Department Of Homeland Security
Agency:Transportation Security Administration
Job Announcement Number:HQ-OIT-13-635262
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Tuesday, July 02, 2013 to
Wednesday, July 10, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Alexandria, VA, USView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
Open to All U.S. Citizens.
Salary range listed includes Locality Pay of 24.22%.
This position is located in Alexandria, VA.
Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please: Click Here
- You must possess U.S. Citizenship or be a U.S. National.
- You must complete a favorable Background Investigation (BI).
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
- You may be required to travel overnight occasionally.
- Overtime may be required.
- See additional "Conditions of Employment" in "Other Information" section
DUTIES:Back to top
If selected for this position, you will serve as a Management and Program Analyst in the Enterprise Architecture (EA) Division, EA Governance Branch (EAGB), Office of Information Technology, Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). You will serve as an analyst reporting directly to the Branch Chief of the EAGB. You will participate in the application of architectural elements in the analysis, planning, design, implementation, documentation, assessment, and management of the enterprise architecture to align IT strategy, plans, and systems with TSA's mission, goals, structure, and processes. Additionally you will assess the productivity, effectiveness and efficiency of TSA's IT investment programs to analyze and resolve problems in the effectiveness and efficiency of administrative operations.
Typical duties include:
- Conducting management and program improvement studies which cover program and administrative areas identified through internal control reviews and management studies. Analyzing crosscutting functional programs, functions, and organizations to determine whether current management systems accomplish objectives efficiently.
- Planning, developing, and implementing strategic planning/management, research, and analysis. Developing detailed plans, goals, and objectives for the long-range implementation and administration of program and administrative operations, and developing criteria for evaluating effectiveness.
- Conducting strategic and tactical planning and project management activities. Managing the planning and implementation of EAD projects to facilitate efficient architecture across the enterprise.
- Supporting the EA maturity efforts within TSA and serving as a member of the EA core team responsible for all activities involving the development, implementation, maintenance, and management of TSA architectures, including guiding systems/application development and acquisition efforts; developing EA processes, procedures, and standards; and defining EA Program performance measures.
- Providing technical advice to the TSA Chief Architect and EAD management on matters pertaining to the effectiveness and efficiency of the EAD Program.
- Conducting evaluations and studies regarding the efficiency and effectiveness of all TSA portfolios and investments to ensure alignment with TSA and HLS EA.
- Participating in cross-organizational analyses to identify duplicative investments, gaps, or opportunities for collaboration within TSA and across Federal agencies.
- Evaluating the impact of enterprise architecture products and services on IT investments, IT infrastructure, business operations, stakeholder satisfaction, and other outcomes.
- Developing life cycle cost analyses of projects, or performing cost benefit or economic evaluations of current or projected programs. Providing advice on the potential benefits/uses of automation to improve the efficiency of EA support or program operations.
- Leading the preparation and submittal of EAD acquisition packages.
- Serving as a Contracting Officer Representative (COR).
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To qualify for the SV-H Pay Band, (equivalent to the GS-12) you must have one year of specialized experience at the SV-G Pay Band or GS-11 in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector. Specialized experience is defined as experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Examples of experience could include applying qualitative and quantitative methods for the analysis and evaluation of programs and administrative operations to determine their efficiency and effectiveness; utilizing the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA) framework and associated reference models (e. g., Business Reference Model (BRM), Performance Reference Model (PRM) etc. ); and utilizing Portfolio Management and Investment Review processes, such as providing Enterprise Architecture (EA) guidance on the preparation and submittal of OMB documentation.
NOTE: Credit for experience is given based on a 40-hour work week. Part-time experience is credited on a part-time ratio, i.e., working 20 hours per week for two months equals one month of experience. No additional credit is given for overtime.
You must meet the qualification requirements for this position no later than the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be evaluated based on a comparison of the position requirements against the quality and extent of the experience and/or related education as reflected in your resume and supporting documentation. You are encouraged to ensure work experiences clearly show possession of the competencies required for this position. We will compare your resume and supporting documentation to your responses on the assessment questionnaire. If, after reviewing your resume and any supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your category placement may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job.
When completing the assessment questionnaire for this position, you will be prompted to elect if you wish for your application to be considered as External (where Veterans' Preference applies), as Status (current or former Federal Employees), and/or Internal to TSA as a current permanent or competitive temporary employee. At that time, please select the answer(s) that apply to you and your application to this position.
To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
Please Note: All of the following must be received in our office by 11:59 PM EST (Eastern Standard Time) on the closing date of this announcement. If we do not receive all required information by the closing date, your application may not be considered.
Your application must include:
2. Self Assessment Questionnaire for this position
3. Applicable supporting documents (see Required Documents Section)
Click the "Apply Online" button below and follow the prompts to apply.
We strongly encourage you to apply online. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the TSA HRAccess Help Desk before the closing of this announcement for alternative options on how to apply. The Help Desk is available by phone at 1-877-872-7990 between the hours of: 7:00AM - 8:00PM ET Monday - Friday, 10:00AM - 3:00PM ET Saturday, or 11:00AM - 4:00PM ET Sunday. If outside these hours, please email your question or concern to Helpdesk@TSA-HRAccess.com or fax 1-877-872-7993.
When contacting the Help Desk please provide your contact information, the Job Announcement Number of the position you are interested in, and your questions or concerns.
In addition to a resume and the assessment questions, you must submit copies of any of the following documents if you are applying based on current or former Federal Government Status (if you are not a current TSA employee), Veterans' Preference, or education or a combination of education and experience:
SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action - Current TSA employees are not required to submit an SF-50 to support eligibility for internal/status consideration.
If you are not a current TSA employee: you must submit your most recent personnel action SF-50 (or equivalent document) to support your eligibility for Status consideration. If you elect Status for the consideration of your application without submitting an SF-50 demonstrating a tenure code of "1" or "2" in block 24 of your SF-50, and you are not a current TSA employee, your application may not receive Status consideration.
DD-214 - If you are claiming Veterans' Preference, provide a copy of your DD-214 (Member Copy 4) Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, or other appropriate documentation to prove your entitlement and to provide verification of an Honorable Discharge. Failure to provide this documentation will result in your application not receiving 5-point preference.
SF-15 and VA Letter - If you are claiming Veterans' Preference based upon a Compensable Disability, Widow or Spouse Entitlement, or as a Purple Heart recipient, you must submit your DD-214 or other proof of entitlement; an SF-15, and the required proof of disability, i.e., Department of Veterans Affairs letter dated 1991 or later. Failure to provide this documentation will result in your application not receiving 10-point preference.
Professional Certification - If you wish to include documentation of your professional certification for this position, you may submit copies.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
The questionnaire will assess your qualifications for the job, and will be used to identify the best qualified applicants to be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. We will notify you of the outcome of these steps when they have been completed. You may also check your application status by visiting the Candidate Dashboard.