Job Title: Regulatory Counsel (Director)Job Announcement Number: HHS-FDA-DE-13-919549
Department: Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency: Food and Drug Administration
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Wednesday, January 01, 2014 to
Thursday, January 2, 2014
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time -
1 vacancy in the following location:
Silver Spring, MD View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
United States Citizens
Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
This position is located in the Department of Health of Human Services (DHHS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Office of the Commissioner (OC), Office of the Chief Scientist, Office of Scientific Integrity in Silver Spring, MD.
This announcement may be used to fill multiple positions in multiple locations.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Background investigation required.
DUTIES:Back to top
You will perform the following duties:
Developing policies and practices to protect and promote integrity in the Agencys scientific decisions and processes.
Representing the Agency and Chief Scientist to external governmental and non-governmental groups and activities that address and develop scientific integrity and dispute resolution policies and activities.
Leading ad hoc reviews of allegations of inappropriate actions, reaching conclusions about their merit, recommending appropriate agency responses, and managing communication with outside parties.
Ensuring consistency of processes for like functions throughout the agency.
Working internally and with external stakeholders, as appropriate to identify areas at Food and Drug Administration (FDA) that need improvement, to assess best practices, and to build support for the agencys programs and mission.
Leading efforts to develop or improve processes and/or practices for critical agency programs or initiatives where such processes may be lacking, ineffective, or incomplete.
Working with senior FDA leadership and appropriate officials at the Department level to implement policy initiatives and ensuring that the necessary practices, procedure and documents are developed to put forth those initiatives.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To qualify for the GS-15 grade level, you must meet the following:
You must have one (1) year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-14 grade level that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled.
Specialized experience is defined as having knowledge of medicine, public health or related sciences and assumes responsibility for ensuring that the agency and/or organization adheres to its regulatory procedures and complies with applicable laws.
There is no positive education requirement.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
6. One-year probationary period may be required.
7. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: No
8. Bargaining Unit Position: No
9. Drug Screening Required: No
10. Recruitment incentives may be authorized: No
11. Student loan repayment incentive authorized: No
12. Annual leave for non-federal service authorized: May be authorized
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of the resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility. Category rating procedures will be used to rate and rank candidates. The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. Qualified candidates will be ranked into one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified or Qualified.
The Category Rating Process does not add veterans preference points but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligibles who meet the minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category (except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the GS-9 level or higher). Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
-Skill in written communication.
-Ability to lead, plan and direct work projects.
-Skill in organizing complex information.
-Ability to work with people in various scientific and academic and government organizations.