Reclamation is a contemporary water management agency. Reclamation is best known for Hoover Dam on the Colorado River, Grand Coulee Dam on the Columbia River, Shasta Dam on the Sacramento River, and Folsom Dam on the American River. Today we are the largest wholesaler of water in the country and the second largest producer of hydroelectric power in the western United States. Visit: http//www.usbr.gov and view our DVD titled "Traditions, Talent, and Teamwork" at: http://www.usbr.gov/pmts/hr/video
This is a TERM appointment not-to-exceed two years and may be extended for a total period of four years without further competition.
Reclamation is seeking a Park Ranger to actively participate in recreation program planning and managing day-to-day operational activities within the Stony Gorge and East Park recreational areas. Come join our team today! You will be a valued team member and your work will assist Reclamation in accomplishing its mission.
This position is located with the Bureau of Reclamation, Northern California Area Office, duty station at Elk Creek, in Glenn County, California. Elk Creek, CA is located approximately 20 miles west of Willows, CA. For information on the Northern California Area Office visit: http://www.usbr.gov/mp/ncao/
Additional vacancies may be filled from this vacancy announcement.
- Manages day-to-day coordination and operation of the park.
- Serves as a contact for visitors including greeting visitors while in the field.
- Conducts regular and frequent patrols of recreation areas by vehicle, motor boat or on foot to ensure public safety and monitor visitor compliance with park rules.
- Cooperates and coordinates with local and state law enforcement and emergency response agencies to ensure compliance with laws and regulations, provide visitor safety, and protect public and natural resources.
- Develops signs, brochures and other visitor information for distribution to users, and advising visitors of recreation rules and regulations.
- Plans, schedules, performs, and oversees the performance of others in operational maintenance functions including lake maintenance duties.
- Serves as a supervisor over subordinate rangers responsible for the full realm of first level supervisory duties.