Reclamation is a contemporary water management agency. Reclamation is best known for Hoover Dam on the Colorado River, Grand Coulee Dam on the Columbia River, Shasta Dam on the Sacramento River, and Folsom Dam on the American River. Today we are the largest wholesaler of water in the country and the second largest producer of hydroelectric power in the western United States. Visit: http://www.usbr.gov View our DVD titled "Traditions, Talent, and Teamwork" at: http://www.usbr.gov/pmts/hr/video/
Do you want to serve in a pivotal technical support role? Do you like working outdoors? We have just the opportunity for you! Come, join us, and become a vital part of our Water and Lands Management Team who administer water service contracts for the sale of water to water users in Northern California. Be involved in carrying out irrigation system work required to distribute, control and measure water deliveries to water customers along the Sacramento River. You will be a valued team member and your technical support will assist the Mid-Pacific Region in accomplishing its mission.
This position is located with the Bureau of Reclamation, Northern California Area Office, Water and Lands Division, in Willows, CA. For information on the NCAO visit: http://www.usbr.gov/mp/ncao/ For more information about Willows, CA go to: http://www.willowschamber.com/
Additional vacancies may be filled from this vacancy announcement.
- Conducts, plans and carries out irrigation system work required to measure water deliveries and compute quantities of approximately 60 meters at water diversions sites along the Sacramento River.
- Determines daily need for field measurements. Measures actual water deliveries to verify meter accuracies, coefficients, and rating curves.
- Makes water service compliance checks by identifying crops, the location, and the use of water from each diversion.
- Uses a variety of equipment and methods, including digital, mechanical, venturi, acoustic Doppler and transit time meters, rated flumes, open-flow weirs, siphons, level transducer data loggers and pump curves, Sontek's Flow Tracker, River Surveyor, Marsh McBirney and Price double AA current meters.
- Calibrates and maintains water measuring equipment to ensure accuracy of readings. Performs annual maintenance on water meters.
- Ensures accurate recording and reporting of data collection. Computes quantities of water chargeable to water districts or individual water users using meter readings, pump hours, kilowatt hours, rating tables, and pump coefficients. Uses automation systems to create and maintain computer spread sheets, log sheets and generate reports.