All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sectors. Qualifying education must have been obtained from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review in our office, in other Federal agency personnel offices, and on OPM's web site at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
SK-14: Candidate must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS/SK-13 level analyzing and evaluating programs for compliance with established statutes, policies, and approved procedures; or providing policy, program improvement or analytical support for the purpose of enhancing program performance, in one or more of the following areas: resources and manpower planning, financial management, human resources, and/or contract administration.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Your resume will be evaluated on the KSAs.
- Ability to perform analyses of operational program performance information to ensure programs are consistent with the long-range objectives.
- Ability to communicate thoughts, ideas, information, and messages in writing
- Ability to express ideas and facts to individuals and groups effectively.
- Ability to administer a range of business operations programs applying concepts, best practices and knowledge of program goals.
1. Application procedures are specific to this vacancy announcement. Please read all the instructions carefully. Failure to follow the instructions may result in your not being considered for this position.
2. Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must have registered for the selective service. For more information, visit http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/selectiveservicerequirements.asp#icc.
3. Supplementary vacancies may be filled in addition to the number stated in this announcement.
4. This position has promotion potential to the SK-14.
5. PROBATIONARY PERIOD: This appointment may require completion of a one-year probationary period.
6. SECURITY CLEARANCE: Entrance on duty is contingent upon completion of a pre-employment security investigation. Favorable results on a Background Investigation may be a condition of employment or selection to another position.
7. PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION (PCS): Moving/Relocation expenses are not authorized.
8. DIRECT DEPOSIT: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
9. This position is not in the bargaining unit.
Information for Veterans: You may be eligible to receive preference in appointment. For more information please visit: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
Surplus or Displaced Federal Employees: For information on how to apply through the Interagency Career Transition Assistance program (ICTAP) see http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must meet the Well Qualified criteria of the rating scale for this position.
Schedule A Candidates: For information, please e-mail: DisabilityEmploymentProgram@SEC.gov
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
BASIS OF RATING: Candidates who meet the basic qualification requirements for this vacancy will be rated according to the Category Rating Procedures. This means that candidates will be assigned to a pre-defined quality category based on their application and veteran preference. Generally, only candidates in the top quality category will be referred to the hiring manager.
Individuals with veteran's preference will be placed ahead of other applicants within the rating category to which they are assigned. Preference-eligible veterans who have at least 10 percent compensable service-connected disability, and who have met the basic qualification requirements, will be placed ahead of other applicants in the highest category.
There will be three quality categories: Highly Qualified, Well Qualified and Qualified.