Department: Department Of Agriculture
Agency: Food Safety and Inspection Service
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Saint Louis, MO, USView Map
Eligible recent graduates from qualifying educational institutions. Refer to "Qualifications and Evaluations" section for more information.
Come Join a Great FSIS Team!
This in an Excepted Service Appointment. The Recent Graduates Program provides developmental experiences in the Federal Government. It is intended to promote possible careers in the civil service to individuals who, within the previous two years, graduated from qualifying educational institutions with an associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from qualifying educational institutions.
MISSION STATEMENT: The Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) is the public health agency in the U.S. Department of Agriculture responsible for ensuring that the nation's commercial supply of meat, poultry, and egg products is safe, wholesome, and correctly labeled and packaged.
This is an appointment under the USDA Recent Graduates program.
- The program duration is one year.
- Upon successful completion of the program and at the agency's discretion, the appointee may be converted to a term or permanent position in the competitive service.
- Appointee must sign a USDA Pathways Recent Graduate Program Participant Agreement.
- The entire duration of the Recent Graduate Appointment constitutes a trial period.
- Appointee must be a U.S. citizen in order to be eligible for conversion to a permanent position upon completion of the program. This position has a promotion potential to AP/4, which is equivalent to a GS-12/13.
Click here for more information on Pathways program participants.
Public Health Human Resource System (PHHRS) Demonstration Project.
This position is covered by the Public Health Human Resource System (PHHRS) Demonstration Project. Effective July 19, 2009, FSIS began operating under the PHHRS, a Pay Banding and Pay for Performance Demonstration Project, in which non-bargaining unit positions will be classified by career path, occupational series, and pay bands rather than the traditional General Schedule (GS) grades in the Federal Service.
- The AP-02 pay band is equivalent to the GS-5/7 grade levels.
- The AP-3 pay band is equivalent to the GS-9/11.
- This position has promotion potential to the AP-04 pay band, which is equivalent to the GS-12/13.
PHHRS will allow FSIS the flexibility to offer exceptional candidates higher salaries than most other Federal agencies. Additionally, employees will be eligible to receive an annual pay increase based upon performance. For more information on PHHRS, including information on its pay tables and how it will benefit employees, please visit PHHRS.
This vacancy is located in the Office of Public Health Science, Mid-Western Laboratory, St. Louis, Missouri.
- U.S. Citizen.
- Recent Graduates must be at least 16 years of age.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered with the Selective Service.
- There is an education requirement for this position.
- This is a Public Trust Position requiring a background investigation.