Reclamation is a contemporary water management agency. Reclamation is best known for Hoover Dam on the Colorado River, Grand Coulee Dam on the Columbia River and Folsom Dam on the American River. Today we are the largest wholesaler of water in the country and the second largest producer of hydroelectric power in the western United States. Visit: www.usbr.gov
View our DVD titled "Traditions, Talent, and Teamwork" at: www.usbr.gov/pmts/hr/video/
Position is being advertised concurrently under BR-GP-EC-13-22, for current Federal employees serving under competitive service career or career-conditional appointments, former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility, VEOA eligible veterans or persons eligible for non-competitive appointment under special appointing authorities (such as 30% disabled veterans). If you are interested in applying under both announcement numbers, you must submit application packages for each.
Reclamation is seeking a Powerplant Supervisor II looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise. You can make a difference in the West by assisting in meeting increasing water demands while protecting the environment. Incumbent has direct supervision over and is responsible for work accomplishments of the Mt. Elbert Power Section.
Here is a great opportunity to join an organization with excellent growth potential!
LOCATION: Great Plains Region, Eastern Colorado Area Office, Operations and Maintenance Division, Twin Lakes Area Branch, Power Section, Twin Lakes, CO.
For living conditions go to: www.usbr.gov/gp/employment/living_conditions.pdf
First-Post-of-Duty relocation expenses are authorized for new appointments and reinstatement eligibles.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement.
- Incumbent of this position is the first level supervisor responsible for maintenance of the powerplant.
- Works closely with the Facility Manager on developing strategies. Plans and budgets for meeting organizational goals and requirements.
- Coordinates with the Operator General Foreman I to ensure maintenance coordination is maximized for the West Slope Collection System. Plans work on a project by project basis.
- Supervises a mixed crew of craftspeople consisting of electricians, plant mechanics, and electronic technicians. Performs and supervises electrical, electronic and mechanical maintenance.
- Responsible for the maintenance of generators, gates, valves, and related electrical and mechanical equipment, makes operational checks and performs operational functions such as issuing and releasing clearances, performing switching, etc.
- Participates in the selection of personnel, establishes work performance objectives, determines training needs, grants leave, counsels employees, and maintains discipline and safe working conditions.