Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
Who May Apply: Federal employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service; former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility based on previous career or career-conditional appointments; displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP); veterans who are preference eligibles or who have been separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous active service; Military Spouses; PHS Commissioned Corps Officers; individuals eligible for VRA appointments (at the GS-11 and below grade levels); and individuals with disabilities.
This position is located in the U. S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Center for Tobacco Products (CTP), Office of Management (OM), Rockville, Maryland.
Join HHS/FDA/Center for Tobacco Products (CTP) and help make our world a healthier, safer, and better for all Americans. CTP is the newest arm of the FDA. CTP is the principal Federal agency charged to establish tobacco regulations inorder to decrease the tremendous toll of diseases, disability and death caused by tobacco use in the United States.
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical area FDA-wide.
The incumbent of this position will perform the following duties:
- Serve as Center expert in areas of administrative management.
- Serves as a close advisor to the Director, Office of Management.
- Participates in the direction of the development and execution of a widely diversified facilities planning and property management program, including new construction, renovation, maintenance, repair, moves, hoteling, and physical security of facilities and alteration of CTP occupied buildings.
- Responsible for directing and managing the Center's implementation of the travel management program providing guidance on travel related policies to the Center's managers, supervisors, and administrative personnel.
- Manage property and inventory in the Center.
- Directs security programs and processes for the Center to include all clearance processes, approval of security forms, review of sensitivity levels of CTP employees, review and determination of confidential filers, as well as general facility security procedures.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the Center's safety management and fire prevention programs.