Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At HHS you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. Join HHS and help make our world healthier, safer and better for all Americans.
The Indian Health Service is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified Indian applicants and employees who are qualified and suitable for Federal employment. The Indian Health Service (IHS) by law is committed to affording employment preference to American Indian and Alaska Native candidates who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. In other than the above, the Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is being filled through the Office of Personnel Management's delegated Direct Hire Authority (DHA). Applicants will be accepted from U.S. Citizens, from current and former competitive service Federal employees, active USPHS Commissioned Corps, Veteran Preference, and Indian Preference applicants.
**This position is being re-advertised to solicit additional applications. Applicants who applied previously need not reapply unless submitting updated and/or missing information.**
Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Indian Health Service (IHS), Hopi Health Care Center, Polacca, AZ
POSITION DETAILS: One (1) Permanent full-time Supervisory Clinical Nurse in the Emergency Department.
GS-11: $67,047 - $82,131 Per annum
GS-12: $78,355 - $96,436 Per annum
Promotion potential: GS-12
Travel Required: No
Supervisory/Managerial Position: Yes, you may be required to serve a one year probationary period.
Relocation Expenses Paid: No, travel expenses are not authorized and will not be paid; however a bonus may be offered.
Is position covered by PL 101-630? Yes (See item #2 under Required Documents)
Is drug testing required? No
Is government housing available? Yes (depending on availability)
Is this a bargaining unit position? No
Alternative work schedule, call back, standby, rotating shifts, nights/weekends/holidays? Yes
Please ensure you answer all questions and follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may impact your rating or result in you losing consideration for the job. Serves as a Supervisory Clinical Nurse (Emergency) as follows:
- Serves as the Supervisory Clinical Nurse for the Emergency Department, exercising specific responsibility to assure that nursing care is provided and for accomplishment of work planning, direction and performance evaluation.
- Assigns work to employees in an efficient, equitable and selective manner to achieve satisfactory quality of patient care.
- Manages the Emergency room by providing adequate staffing, unit organizational functions and branch communication.
- Ensure policies and procedures, national nursing standards, Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations, federal guidelines and appropriate protocols are followed.
- Maintains competency in current nursing skills, knowledge practices, and procedures; leadership and management knowledge and abilities.