Do you want to perform challenging work in a collegial environment, while enjoying quality of life and a competitive compensation package? Invest in your career at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)!
The Securities and Exchange Commission's mission is to protect investors, maintain fair, orderly, and efficient markets, and facilitate capital formation. The agency seeks high-caliber employees who share the same values of integrity, fairness, accountability, resourcefulness, teamwork, and commitment to excellence.
The SEC offers a number of exceptional enhanced pay and benefits plus the standard Federal benefits!
Enjoy with SEC:
· Paid dental insurance and vision insurance
· Increased agency subsidy for health insurance which supplements your health benefits premiums by $25 for self-only coverage, and $50 for family coverage
· Mass transportation subsidy up to $245 per month
To find out more, go to http://www.sec.gov/jobs.shtml.
This position is in the Office of Municipal Securities located in Washington, DC.
Salary range is SK-13 $96,590.00 - $161,141.00
SK-14 $110,910.00 - $185,027.00
The Office of Municipal Securities is responsible for administering the rules of the SEC with respect to the practices of municipal securities brokers and dealers, municipal securities advisors, municipal securities investors, and municipal securities issuers and for coordinating with the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) for rulemaking and enforcement actions as required by law.
The incumbent Attorney-Advisors will be assigned to the Office of Municipal Securities located at the SEC headquarters in Washington, D.C. These Attorney-Advisers have the opportunity to play a significant role in shaping important legal and policy decisions that pertain to the municipal securities market. These Attorney-Advisors will have work assignments on matters such as the following:
· Provide legal assistance related to the activities of the Office of Municipal securities, include one or more activities relating to the following: disclosure issues and other issues under the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934; registration of municipal advisors under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934; oversight of MSRB and review of MSRB rulemakings; consultation with the Division of Enforcement on enforcement matters regarding municipal securities; market structure and price transparency matters regarding municipal securities; and addressing market developments regarding municipal securities generally.
· Analyze and interpret new and proposed legislation and implementing regulations. Participate in the drafting of regulations, interpretive releases, no action letters, Congressional correspondence, and policy briefing materials for agency officials in the municipal securities area.
· Perform legal research and analysis on issues affecting municipal securities and SEC actions and rulemakings in the municipal securities area.