Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At HHS you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. Join HHS and help make our world healthier, safer and better for all Americans.
The Indian Health Service is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified Indian applicants and employees who are qualified and suitable for Federal employment. The Indian Health Service (IHS) by law is committed to affording employment preference to American Indian and Alaska Native candidates who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. In other than the above, the Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To be eligible for this position under the Direct Hire (DHA) hiring plan, you must be a U.S. Citizen.
This position is also being announced under Announcement #IHS-13-GA-917253-ESEP/MP for those who want to be considered under Merit Promotion Plan/Excepted Service Examining Plan. If you wish to be considered under all hiring plans you must submit an application to both job opportunity announcements.
Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Indian Health Service (IHS), Navajo Area Indian Health Service (NAIHS), Gallup Indian Medical Center (GIMC), Division of Nursing Services, Women's Health Unit (WHU),Gallup, NM United States 1 vacancy
Salary range: $67,047.00 - $94,346.00 (Annually)
Promotion potential: GS-12
Travel Required: Yes, incumbent is required to operate a government-owned lease or private vehicle in the performance of assigned duties. A valid State Driver's License is required and must be maintained.
Supervisory/Managerial Position: Yes, If "yes" You may be required to serve a one year probationary period.
Relocation Expenses Paid: travel and relocation expenses are not authorized and will not be paid.
Is position covered by PL 101-630? Yes, If "yes" (See item # 2 in the How to Apply Tab)
Is drug testing required? No
Is government housing available? No
Is this a bargaining unit position? No
Alternative work schedule: call back, rotating shifts, days/evenings/nights/weekends/holidays? Yes
Licensure Requirement: This position requires that you obtain and maintain an active, unrestricted nursing license from any State (U.S.). If they are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee may be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from the Federal service.
Please ensure you answer all questions and follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may impact your rating or result in you losing consideration for the job.
- Supervises, manages, directs, coordinate, provides leadership, and evaluates the provision of nursing care provided to the Women's Health Unit (WHU). Includes compliance with standards of care, patient safety, and compliance with other applicable standards.
- Organizes, assigns, reviews work, administers personnel matters and manages a budget for nursing unit.
- Recommends, initiate various personnel actions, performance awards and disciplinary actions for employees at level of authority.
- Implements personnel management procedures, training and career development plans, grievance procedures, safety practices as well as specific orientation. Participates with the hospital performance improvement coordinator to assure compliance with The Joint Commission (TJC) standards.
- Applies and implements EEO program and guidelines.