Job Title:Transportation Analyst - GS - 2101 - 14 (Only Open to DOT Employees) - BP
Department:Department Of Transportation
Agency:Federal Railroad Administration
Job Announcement Number:FRA.RPD-2013-0033
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Friday, June 28, 2013 to
Thursday, July 18, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - -
|1 vacancy -
Washington, DC, USView Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Current DOT employees with status.|
The Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) is responsible for ensuring safety of the Nation's passenger and freight rail operations and infrastructure by promoting safe, efficient and accessible rail transportation. The mission and focus of FRA has grown to include the design and management of an unprecedented investment in the creation of a nationwide passenger rail network. FRA is providing leadership for the creation of a more balanced transportation system, transforming the way Americans travel.
The position is located in the Office of Railroad Policy and Development, Office of Passenger and Freight Programs, Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) in Washington, DC. Serve as a Transportation Analyst with broad responsibility for ensuring successful execution and oversight of a portfolio of projects within a specified geographic region.
The ideal candidate for this position has experience serving as a consultant and confidential advisor who can provide objective independent assessments and recommendations for policy and operational and administrative issues and initiatives requiring decision and action.
- Must be current DOT employee with status and meet specialized experience.
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date.
- Provide all required documents by closing date.
- Position is telework eligible.
- Announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 30 days.
DUTIES:Back to top
As the Transportation Analyst, you will:
- Manage the development, delivery and monitoring activities for Federal financial assistance projects administered by the Office of Passenger and Freight Programs.
- Be responsible for portfolio(s) and will serve as the key point of contact for grant recipients. Lead and coordinate an identified team of FRA technical experts and consultants to ensure successful execution and oversight of projects in their portfolio.
- Apply program and project management techniques to develop, deliver and monitor projects within their portfolio.
- Participate in project application review and evaluation; frequent communication with grant recipients, stakeholders, divisions within FRA and the Department of Transportation.
- Produce various reports related to portfolio progress and performance; and analysis of current and best practices, programs, legislation and policies affecting portfolios.
- Possibly serve as agency representative in activities with other government agencies, contractors, private industry and professional groups.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet the specialized experience requirements.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
||To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equal or equivalent to the following:
- Experience conducting analyses of rail transportation systems.
- Experience in writing or reviewing applications/proposals for transportation programs and projects.
- Experience using project management methods to assist with the coordination of team or contractor activities to ensure steady work flow, maximum production, compliance with deadlines, and/or overall efficiency of operations.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- SELECTIVE SERVICE: Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- PROBATIONARY PERIOD: You must complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- GOVERNMENT TRAVEL CARD: You must be able to obtain and retain a Government contractor-issued travel card to be used for official business as a condition of employment. If unable to obtain and/or retain a card, you may be subject to removal. Those who fail to meet this condition of employment will have our offer of employment rescinded.
- TRAVEL AND TRANSPORTATION EXPENSES: Travel and transportation expenses will be paid if the selection results in a promotion OR for a geographical reassignment if the FRA selectee occupies a position at the same grade level that has significantly different duties from that of this position vacancy. Travel and transportation expenses will not be paid if a candidate outside the FRA is selected OR a FRA employee accepts a change to the lower grade that results in a geographical reassignment for this position vacancy.
- TIME-IN-GRADE: Federal applicants must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade to satisfy time-in-grade requirements contained in 5 CFR 300, Subpart F.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
The Automated Staffing Office is ultimately responsible for determining your final rating. Please ensure that your resume and application provide enough detail to support your answers to the Vacancy Specific Questions. Your application will be rated on the extent and quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the position. Your answers to the Vacancy Specific questions, your self-determined rating, resume and supporting documentation are reviewed. If your resume and supporting documents do not support your answers to the Vacancy Specific Questions, your final rating may be modified.
To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
You must submit a complete application package (including resume, vacancy questions and supporting documents) no later than midnight Eastern Time on the closing date of the announcement.
If you are having difficulty applying online, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (202)366-1298.
- To begin, click the Apply Online button on the job announcement.
- Follow the directions to register, submit all required documents and complete the assessment questionnaire.
- You may review your saved application(s) at https://my.usajobs.gov.
The following documents must
be provided by the closing date:
Failure to submit any of the required documents by the closing date of the vacancy will result in your removal from consideration for this position.
- RESUME - Showing relevant experience and education and fully supporting the required specialized experience.
- COMPLETED QUESTIONNAIRE.
- SF-50 - Which verifies grade, full performance level of position, and eligibility for consideration as a status applicant
- SPECIAL APPOINTING AUTHORITY DOCUMENTS - If requesting concurrent consideration for Non-competitive (NC) appointment eligibility (e.g. military spouse or persons with disabilities), you must provide appropriate supporting documentation such as PCS orders describing move & marriage certificate; letter from VA or DD214 describing 100% disability of spouse; letter from State Vocational Office certifying disability, etc. For more information, visit military spouse NC appointments or Persons with Disabilities NC appointments. Documents are only required if requesting non-competitive consideration.
- DISPLACED EMPLOYEE PLACEMENT DOCUMENTS - Only required if requesting priority consideration under CTAP. You must submit ALL of the following: (1) your most recent performance appraisal, (2) the proof of eligibility letter from the Agency, and (3) your most current SF-50, displaying current series and grade. In addition, you must meet the well qualified standards for this vacancy (meeting minimum requirements for position and scoring at least an 85).
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
You may check your application status by logging into your USAJOBS account. Within two weeks of the closing date, your application will be reviewed and rated. Ratings will be determined based on the documents and information received by the closing date. The most highly qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration. If you are selected for an interview, the hiring manager will contact you directly. Once a hiring decision is made, we will notify all applicants of their final status.