The Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) is responsible for ensuring safety of the Nation's passenger and freight rail operations and infrastructure by promoting safe, efficient and accessible rail transportation. The mission and focus of FRA has grown to include the design and management of an unprecedented investment in the creation of a nationwide passenger rail network. FRA is providing leadership for the creation of a more balanced transportation system, transforming the way Americans travel.
The position is located in the Office of Railroad Policy and Development, Office of Passenger and Freight Programs, Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) in Washington, DC. Serve as a Transportation Analyst with broad responsibility for ensuring successful execution and oversight of a portfolio of projects within a specified geographic region.
The ideal candidate for this position has experience serving as a consultant and confidential advisor who can provide objective independent assessments and recommendations for policy and operational and administrative issues and initiatives requiring decision and action.
As the Transportation Analyst, you will:
- Manage the development, delivery and monitoring activities for Federal financial assistance projects administered by the Office of Passenger and Freight Programs.
- Be responsible for portfolio(s) and will serve as the key point of contact for grant recipients. Lead and coordinate an identified team of FRA technical experts and consultants to ensure successful execution and oversight of projects in their portfolio.
- Apply program and project management techniques to develop, deliver and monitor projects within their portfolio.
- Participate in project application review and evaluation; frequent communication with grant recipients, stakeholders, divisions within FRA and the Department of Transportation.
- Produce various reports related to portfolio progress and performance; and analysis of current and best practices, programs, legislation and policies affecting portfolios.
- Possibly serve as agency representative in activities with other government agencies, contractors, private industry and professional groups.