The GS-12 salary range starts at $75,403 per year, if you meet the following qualifications. You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
To qualify at the GS-12 level, applicants must meet the experience requirements listed below:
Have IT-related experience demonstrating EACH of the four competencies AND specialized experience listed below:
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information to individuals or groups effectively taking into account the audience and nature of the information; makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
In addition to meeting all of the four competencies listed, above, applicants must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 level in the Federal service.
Specialized Experience: Providing technical advice and performing project management for information technology or network services products and services. This experience must include performing full lifecycle project management to include analyzing and developing technical customer requirements; formulating and executing budget and project schedules; performing contract administration and procurement tasks including monitoring contractor performance; identifying and resolving sensitive problems or issues; and coordinating with multiple project stakeholders.
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Serve a one year probationary period (unless you have previously satisfied this requirement).
- Be able to make a direct deposit of your salary check to a financial organization.
- Males born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service.
- Complete a "Declaration of Federal Employment" (OF-306) to determine suitability for Federal employment.
- If you are not a current GSA employee, you must complete the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 to determine identity and employment (work status) eligibility. GSA will verify the information through the DHS e-Verify automated system. Any identified discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Undergo a background investigation and receive favorable adjudication. This position has been designated as a Public Trust Position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
The Category Rating procedure is being used to rate candidates. If you are found qualified for the position, your responses to the self assessment vacancy questions will be used to place you in one of the following categories: Superior, Best Qualified, Well Qualified and Qualified. Your responses to the vacancy questions must be supported by your resume or the Human Resources Specialist may adjust your responses lower. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veterans' preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans. Appropriate documentation must be received to adjudicate veterans' preference.
You will be evaluated on the vacancy related questions that were designed to assess your overall possession of the following competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of and ability to apply a wide range and a variety of information technology (IT) concepts, principles, methods, and industry standards to perform diverse and complex IT analysis, provide advice to client agencies, resolve complex client issues and develop new methods and/or approaches to recurring/persistent client issues.
- In-depth technical knowledge of more than two of the following IT specialties: data management, network services, systems analysis, systems administration, applications software/hardware, customer support and/or security sufficient to provide technical IT advice to client agencies.
- Knowledge of IT systems, hardware, software, capabilities and compatibility with existing IT components and equipment to plan, analyze, and/or configure optimal and efficient IT solutions for client agencies.
- Knowledge of customer business requirements to translate business requirements into technical IT specifications, provide necessary training, resolve technical and complex issues and plan for future IT needs.
- Knowledge of performance measurement/measurement methods, tools and techniques; IT quality assurance principles and testing methodology, and systems security principles and methods to identify issues and solve customer and technical problems.
- Knowledge of systems design tools and techniques; design practices and standards; structured analysis methods and principles; analytical reasoning and methods, and project management principles to evaluate IT requirements, and advise on the merits of proposed IT projects.
- Knowledge of types of contracts (blanket purchase agreements, multiple award contracts, etc.)
- Knowledge of project management activities, methods and practices.
- Skill in coordinating and completing different phases of work assignments in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate orally as a customer liaison and a negotiator.
A variety of assessments/assessment tools may be used to evaluate candidates for specific vacancies covered by this announcement. Candidates will be notified when further assessments are implemented and provided with instructions on how to access and complete the assessment(s). Be sure to APPLY EARLY as most assessments must be completed fully and submitted before the announcement closing.
If you are an Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan eligible or a GSA Career Transition Assistance eligible, you must be considered well qualified (minimum score or 85) to receive priority. ICTAP/CTAP To preview questions please click here.