Job Title:Clinical Psychologist
Department:Department of the Army
Agency:U.S. Army Medical Command
Job Announcement Number:NCMD13535403916712D
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Monday, July 01, 2013 to
Monday, July 15, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Fort Drum, NY United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is for the Embedded Behavioral Health (EBH) initiative. This work involves treating soldiers with a broad range of behavioral health concerns in specific combat divisions at various locations around the world.
As a result of sequestration and budget shortfalls, Army
is furloughing most of its employees for some amount of time during fiscal year
2013. An employee in this position MAY
be subject to furlough. If applicable,
specific information regarding the administrative furlough will be provided to
the individual selected for this position.
Ft Drum, home of the 10th Mountain Division, is located in Northern New York's picturesque North County, one of the most historically unique and geographically beautiful areas of the United States, offering bountiful outdoor recreational opportunities from hunting and fishing to winter sports of all types. Ft Drum borders Lake Ontario, the St. Lawrence River, Canada, the Adirondack Mountains, and Vermont. For more information regarding Ft Drum, please visit: http://www.drum.army.mil/sites/local/
Who May Apply:
- A recruitment or relocation bonus may be authorized.
- Moving expenses may be paid.
DUTIES:Back to top
You will serve as a Clinical Psychologist and perform the following duties:
- Make mental health diagnoses as appropriate in accordance with DSM-IV-TR criteria, or other, more current, accepted standards.
- Provide individual and group therapy, using various modalities as clinically indicated to include brief problem-focused psychotherapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and client-centered therapy.
- Assess acute mental health conditions in beneficiaries who present with such issues.
- Screen and interview patients, perform bio-psychological social evaluations using expert knowledge of general and specific concepts, principles, procedures, and practices relating to psychological counseling.
- Evaluate overall effectiveness of therapeutic effort and institute changes to increase effectiveness of therapeutic efforts.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Degree: Successful completion of at least a Doctoral Degree (Ph.D. or Psy.D.) directly related to full professional work in clinical psychology.
Specialized Experience: One year of experience in the same or similar work equivalent to at least the next lower level (GS-12) requiring application of the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the position being filled. Candidates for this position must clearly demonstrate in their resume that they possess specialized experience which involves performing bio-psychosocial evaluations, determining mental health diagnoses, developing behavioral health treatment plans, and interpreting psychological tests.
Licensure Requirement: A current, active, valid, and unrestricted license as a Psychologist from a State, the District of Columbia, Commonwealth, territory, or jurisdiction is required.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Skill in psychological assessment
- Ability to provide therapeutic services
- Knowledge of psychological testing
- Knowledge of administrative procedures
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html.
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please submit your foreign education evaluation with your application.
Click here for more information.
If you are a male AND if you were born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Direct Deposit of pay is required.
- You may be required to serve one year in a trial/probationary status.
- Personnel Security Investigation required.
- This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- Successful completion of a pre-placement physical examination is required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification Current Advanced Life Support of other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- Selected applicant must provide documents for credentialing.
- This position may require scheduled work hours that include evenings, weekends, holidays, and other schedules common to health center operations.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be reviewed to verify that you meet the basic eligibility and qualification requirements. Your responses to the questionnaire will be used to evaluate your relevant personal, educational, and work experiences. Only the most recently submitted resume will be considered.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility, 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement, and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. Well-qualified is defined as meeting all of the minimum qualification standards and eligibility requirements as well as possessing skills that clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. Under competitive delegated examining, an ICTAP eligible will be considered well-qualified if they attain an eligibility rating of 90 or higher, not including points for veterans' preference. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application to receive selection priority. Such proof may include a copy of your written notification of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Information about ICTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/.