Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is for the Embedded Behavioral Health (EBH) initiative. This work involves treating soldiers with a broad range of behavioral health concerns in specific combat divisions at various locations around the world.
As a result of sequestration and budget shortfalls, Army
is furloughing most of its employees for some amount of time during fiscal year
2013. An employee in this position MAY
be subject to furlough. If applicable,
specific information regarding the administrative furlough will be provided to
the individual selected for this position.
Ft Drum, home of the 10th Mountain Division, is located in Northern New York's picturesque North County, one of the most historically unique and geographically beautiful areas of the United States, offering bountiful outdoor recreational opportunities from hunting and fishing to winter sports of all types. Ft Drum borders Lake Ontario, the St. Lawrence River, Canada, the Adirondack Mountains, and Vermont. For more information regarding Ft Drum, please visit: http://www.drum.army.mil/sites/local/
Who May Apply:
You will serve as a Clinical Psychologist and perform the following duties:
- Make mental health diagnoses as appropriate in accordance with DSM-IV-TR criteria, or other, more current, accepted standards.
- Provide individual and group therapy, using various modalities as clinically indicated to include brief problem-focused psychotherapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and client-centered therapy.
- Assess acute mental health conditions in beneficiaries who present with such issues.
- Screen and interview patients, perform bio-psychological social evaluations using expert knowledge of general and specific concepts, principles, procedures, and practices relating to psychological counseling.
- Evaluate overall effectiveness of therapeutic effort and institute changes to increase effectiveness of therapeutic efforts.