The Puerto Rico National Guard Human Resources Office (HRO) DOES NOT accept hardcopy or email applications for a job announcement published on USAJOBS. You must upload these documents after completing the Online Qualifications Questionnaire or fax them using the Option B explained in the announcement. Applications received by email or regular mail to HRO will not be considered.
Follow the instructions of Options A and B on how to upload or fax documents through USAJOBS.
To apply for this position, you must provide both of the following parts:
- Your responses to the Qualifications Questionnaire, and
- Your supporting or required documents: USAJOBS Resume
Option A: Applying Online
Use this option for convenience and quickest processing.
Tips for using the Online Qualifications Questionnaire:
- Complete and save your supporting documents before starting the Online Qualifications Questionnaire and upload these documents online.
- You can upload the following types of documents files: .doc, .wpd, .txt, .rtf, .pdf, HTM/HTML, JPG. * There is a 1MB limit on file size .
- You must click both Finish and Submit when you are done. Your Online Qualifications Questionnaire is not processed until you click the Submit button.
- You must complete the entire process by 11PM Central time on the closing date -- Tuesday, July 23, 2013
- You can save your work and come back later. Just click both Save and Logout.
- Select the job you would like to update to complete the questionnaire or upload documentation. It is important for you to complete this process in its entirety.
To begin your Online Qualifications Questionnaire, click Online Questionnaire
Social Security Number
Vacancy Identification Number
9167521. Title of Job
ELECTRONICS EQUIPMENT REPAIR INSPECTOR2. Biographic Data3. E-Mail Address4. Work Information5. Employment Availability
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.6. Citizenship
Are you a citizen of the United States?7. Background Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.8. Other Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.9. Languages
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.10. Lowest Grade
1211. Miscellaneous Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.12. Special Knowledge
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.13. Test Location
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.14. Veteran Preference Claim
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.15. Dates of Active Duty - Military Service
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.16. Availability Date
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.17. Service Computation Date
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.18. Other Date Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.19. Job Preference
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.20. Occupational Specialties
001 Electronics Equipment Repair Inspector21. Geographic Availability
RQ0900000 Salinas, PR22. Transition Assistance Plan
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.23. Job Related Experience24. Personal Background Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.25. Occupational/Assessment Questions:
1. Are you a permanent technician (Tenure 1 or 2) employee of the Puerto Rico Army National Guard? (Refer to block 24 of SF 50) (If the answer is no, please do not continue with the application).
Provide current Military Grade/Rank or equivalent (Ex. E4/SPC).
2. Do you possess more than the 18 months of General and Specialized experience required in the vacancy announcement?
C. Not sure
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
A- I know little or nothing about this.
B- I have had study or training in this.
C- I have used my knowledge or ability, but I have been closely supervised.
D- I have used my knowledge or ability on my own, under normal supervision.
E- I am consulted by other journeypersons in difficult situations, or I am called on to do unusually difficult jobs.
3. Ability to interpret technical manuals, illustrations, specifications, diagrams, and schematics to make repairs and modifications.
4. Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctioning electronic equipment and systems and determine the level and method of repair.
5. Ability to install, repair, and maintain electronic systems or equipment.
6. Knowledge of electronic testing, repair, and inspection procedures.
7. Ability to operate complex instruments and testing devices used in the electronics trade.
8. Ability to apply a wide variety of inspection techniques to examine electronic components, assemblies, and systems.
9. You certify that all of the information and attached documents to this application is true, correct, and complete and is made in good faith? (This will constitute your official signature).
Option B : Applying Via Fax
If you have problems applying online then you can use this option.
Follow these steps: You can print a copy of this job announcement so that you can read the questions offline.
a. Obtain and print a copy of the OPM Form 1203-FX, which you will use to provide your answers. You can obtain the form at this URL http://www.opm.gov./forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf .
b. Complete the OPM Form 1203-FX using the information listed under Questions to complete Paper Qualifications Questionnaire below.
c. You may submit the Form 1203-FX, resume, and any supporting documents by fax to 1-478-757-3144.
· By Fax: If you are faxing a Form 1203-FX, you do not need a separate cover sheet. Simply make sure the Form 1203-FX is on top of any other documents you are faxing. If you are faxing any documents without the Form 1203-FX on top, always use the official cover sheet which is here http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf and be sure to fill it out completely and clearly. The fax number is 1-478-757-3144. Feed all documents into your fax machine top first so that we receive them right-side up.