SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position is defined as: experience with the design, creation, modification and use of computer simulation models pertaining to energy consumption in the industrial sector of the domestic and/or international economy, and demonstrated ability to originate new research topics and methodologies pertaining to industrial sector energy consumption for use in own work and for other analysts to follow.
SELECTIVE PLACEMENT FACTORS: Selective factors represent knowledge, skills, or abilities that are essential for successful job performance and cannot reasonably be acquired on the job during the period of orientation/training customary for the position being filled. Applicants who do not meet a selective factor are ineligible for further consideration.
THE SELECTIVE FACTOR FOR THIS POSITION IS: Applicants must have work experience which represents knowledge and ability in designing, creating, modifying, and using computer simulation models to analyze energy consumption in the industrial sector, preparing projections of future industrial energy consumption trends, and analyzing the effects of alternative government policies
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write "see resume" in your application!
1. Ability to design, create, modify, and use industrial models and computer simulation techniques.
2. Knowledge of industrial energy consumption and the pros and cons of different approaches to modeling behavior in those markets.
3. Ability to originate new research topics and methodologies for use in own work and for other analysts to follow.
4. Ability to develop and utilize appropriate data collecting and modeling techniques to carry out complex analysis projects.
5. Ability to brief study sponsors, high level officials, and other audiences on findings and conclusions of industrial sector studies.
6. Ability to write and document industrial sector study purposes, methods, assumptions and conclusions, for internal and external audiences.
7. Knowledge of operations research and related analyses and techniques, particularly pertaining to industrial sector.
- Time-in-Grade: Current Federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements for consideration.
- CTAP/ICTAP candidates: To be considered "well qualified" you must meet all of the requirements as described in this section.
You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
EDUCATION: Basic Requirements: Degree: in operations research; or at least 24 semester hours in a combination of operations research, mathematics, probability, statistics, mathematical logic,
science, or subject-matter courses requiring substantial competence in college-level mathematics or statistics. At least 3 of the 24 semester hours must have been in calculus.
Courses acceptable for qualifying for operations research positions may have been taken in
departments other than Operations Research, e.g., Engineering (usually Industrial
Engineering), Science, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or Management Science.
You must provide documentation supporting your education claims. Education must be obtained from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Foreign education must be reviewed by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For special instructions pertaining to foreign education and a list of organizations that can evaluate foreign education, see the Department of Education website.
This position is not covered under the bargaining unit NTEU.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your application to ensure you meet the job requirements.
If you meet the qualifications requirements and are found to be among the top candidates, your application will be referred to the selecting official for further review.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted. To preview questions please click here.