Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At HHS you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. Join HHS and help make our world healthier, safer and better for all Americans.
Join dedicated outpatient clinical staff whose joint efforts with individuals, families, and communities prevent and treat illness. The Indian Health Service in the Pacific Northwest provides healthcare to American Indians and Alaska Natives living in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho.
The Indian Health Service is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified Indian applicants and employees who are qualified and suitable for Federal employment. The Indian Health Service (IHS) by law is committed to affording employment preference to American Indian and Alaska Native candidates who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. In other than the above, the Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WHICH JOB OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT SHOULD I APPLY UNDER?
This position is also being announced under Announcement # IHS-13-WR-916408-DHA for those who want to be considered under Direct Hire (DHA) hiring plan. If you wish to be considered under all hiring plans you must submit an application to both Job Opportunity Announcements.
WHO MAY APPLY:
Excepted Service Examining Plan Candidates (ESEP)
Merit Promotion Plan Candidates (MPP)
Veteran's Preference including Veterans Employment Opportunity Act Candidates (VEOA)
Commissioned Corps Candidates
- visit firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on Who May Apply
Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Indian Health Service (IHS), Warm Springs, OR United States 1 vacancy
POSITION DETAILS: <<One (1) Permanent position to be filled>>>
Salary range: $55,413.00- $67,878.00 ( Annually)
Promotion potential: None
Merit Promotion Position: Yes
Travel Required: No
Relocation Expenses: Paid, expenses will be paid in the interest of the government and not in the interest of the selected employee.
Is position covered by PL 101-630? Yes (See more information under the Benefits/Other tab)
Is drug testing required? No
Is government housing available? No
Is this a bargaining unit position? No
This position requires that you obtain and maintain clinical privileges. If they are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee may be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from the Federal service.
Please ensure you answer all questions and follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may impact your rating or result in you losing consideration for the job.
- Functions as a clinical consultant/educator to other clinic departments in collaboration with the Chief of Podiatry Services and Director of Amputation Prevention.
- Provides direct specialty lower extremity preventative and therapeutic specialized practice nursing care and screening and diagnostic assessments.
- Case manages identified patients according to acceptable Diabetic Foot Classification System determining and providing appropriate interval screening assessments and lower extremity care to high risk patients.
- Performs standard and advanced wound healing procedures and technologies to patients with difficult wounds and acts as a liaison and consultant to clinicians in the ambulatory care clinic for patients with wound healing problems.