The United States Marshals Service is the nations oldest and most versatile federal law enforcement agency. The missions of the Service include protection of the judiciary, court security, witness security, asset seizure and forfeiture, apprehension of fugitives, prisoner transportation and custody.
Vacancy ID: 915595
Job Title: Airplane Pilot, GS-2181-13
Promotion Potential: 13
Duty Location: Oklahoma City, OK United States 3 vacancies
Open Period: Friday, June 28, 2013 - Monday, July 15, 2013
Salary Range - $81,823.00 - $106,369.00 Annually
Who May Apply: You may apply if you are a US Citizen or National.
This position is an Airplane Pilot within the United States Marshal Service's (USMS) Justice Prisoner & Alien Transportation System's (JPATS) Aviation Branch, located in Oklahoma City, OK.
- Serve as a pilot/co-pilot responsible for flying USMS owned and/or operated large (over 12,500 pounds gross weight) turbine powered, turbo-prop, and reciprocating multi-engine fixed wing aircraft.
- Support prisoner movements; special operations; patrol and reconnaissance; transport of cargoes of ammunition, pyrotechnics, chemical munitions, and parachute deliveries.
- Fly in and out of small airfields over all types of terrain under visual or instrument flight rules, during the day and night, in the Continental United States, over water, and in U.S. territories and foreign countries.
- Ensure all pre-flight, flight, and post-flight operations are conducted within the standards set by applicable Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations and in accordance with USMS flight operations policies and procedures.
- Ensure aircraft are properly maintained and reviewing and/or completing aircraft maintenance reports and aircraft logs and trip reports as required. This includes identifying any and all irregularities in those logs and taking appropriate actions to correct them.