QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must meet the specialized experience, pilot certificate, rating type, and have at least 100 flight hours in the last 12 months. For this job, possession of the two quality ranking factors is highly desirable, but not mandatory to be considered.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: To qualify for this position at the GS-13 level, you must have at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal Service which demonstrates experience performing the following tasks:
· Flying large (over 12,500 pounds gross weight) turbine powered, turbo-prop, and/or reciprocating multi- engine fixed wing aircraft over established routes for transporting passengers, freight, and supplies;
· Ensuring pre-flight, flight, and post-flight operations were conducted in accordance with the standards set by applicable Federal Aviation Administration regulations;
· Ensuring aircraft is properly maintained;
· Completing aircraft maintenance reports, logs, and trip reports; and
· Performing pre-flight inspections.
Certificates and Ratings: This position requires the possession of a FAA Air Transport Pilot Certificate, multi-engine (MEL) land rating, a Type Rating in a Boeing or Airbus aircraft, and a current FAA Class 1 or 2 medical certificate; or the appropriate military ratings covering all of these areas (Note: Candidates establishing eligibility based on military flight experience must provide official orders, forms, or log books showing their status as a rated military pilot in all of the areas described above).
Quality Ranking Factor: For this position, the following Quality Ranking Factors are not mandatory, but are highly desirable and will be given added weight in the ranking process.
- Serving as Pilot-in-Command in a B-737 within the last five years.
- Flying aircraft with advanced "Next Generation" avionics.
Flight Documents Required:
· FAA Air Transport Pilot Certificate (Front and Back), with
Multi-Engine Land rating
Boeing or Airbus aircraft type rating
· Current First or Second Class FAA medical certificate
Note: You must provide the above documents in order to be considered for this position.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).
All qualifications requirements for this position must be met within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be evaluated and rated under DOJs Category Rating and Selection Procedures. Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are basically qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the online assessment questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. Your application will then be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified.
- Best Qualified - applicants possessing experience that substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are highly proficient in all requirements of the job and can perform effectively in the position;
- Highly Qualified - applicants possessing experience that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in some, but not all, of the requirements of the job;
- Qualified - applicants possessing experience and/or education that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors.
Names of all candidates in the best qualified category will be sent to the hiring official for employment consideration (unless a sufficient number of qualified veterans are found - in which only those names will be initially certified). Candidates within the best qualified category who are eligible for veteran preference will receive selection priority over non-veteran preference eligibles.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics:
- Ability to fly turbine powered, multi-engine fixed wing aircraft with gross weight of 12,500 lbs
- Knowledge of advanced "Next Generation" avionics.
- Ability to serve as a pilot, co-pilot, or flight engineer as required
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.