The NIH is the premier biomedical research center for the world. Its 27 Institutes and Centers employ approximately 18,000 employees doing a vast array of jobs, all supporting efforts for a healthy nation. For information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visitNIH Overview.
This position is located in the Office of Clinical Research Affairs (OCRA), Division of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (DMID), National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, Md. The DMID supports extramural research related to the control and prevention of diseases caused by virtually all human infectious agents except HIV. OCRA provides oversight, support and resources for the planning, implementation, and conduct of DMID clinical trials at both domestic and international sites.
If selected for this position, you will perform the following duties:
- Serve as senior level Nurse Consultant with responsibilities related to the management and oversight of clinical and operational activities that are part of a broad national and international program of clinical trials supported by DMID.
- Participate in the development and oversight of appropriate operating procedures for the review, refinement and dissemination of clinical protocols.
- Participate in the management, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of multi-center or other clinical trials.
- Provide operational expertise in the oversight of clinical research, including identification and resolution of clinical monitoring issues, safety oversight issues and day-to-day research management issues.
- Coordinate the development of training and clinical research policy standard efforts among various organizational components.
- Direct the organization and conduct of workshops, conferences, symposia, or similar activities with clinical trials units to foster and enhance communication among principal investigators and staff.