Job Title:Nurse Consultant - NIAID - DH
Department:Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency:National Institutes of Health
Job Announcement Number:NIH-NIAID-DH-13-915187
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Tuesday, June 25, 2013 to
Saturday, June 29, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Montgomery County, MD United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
The NIH is the premier biomedical research center for the world. Its 27 Institutes and Centers employ approximately 18,000 employees doing a vast array of jobs, all supporting efforts for a healthy nation. For information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visit NIH Overview.
This position is located in the Office of Clinical Research Affairs (OCRA), Division of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (DMID), National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, Md. The DMID supports extramural research related to the control and prevention of diseases caused by virtually all human infectious agents except HIV. OCRA provides oversight, support and resources for the planning, implementation, and conduct of DMID clinical trials at both domestic and international sites.
- U.S. Citizenship requirement met by closing date.
- Position is subject to a background investigation.
DUTIES:Back to top
If selected for this position, you will perform the following duties:
- Serve as senior level Nurse Consultant with responsibilities related to the management and oversight of clinical and operational activities that are part of a broad national and international program of clinical trials supported by DMID.
- Participate in the development and oversight of appropriate operating procedures for the review, refinement and dissemination of clinical protocols.
- Participate in the management, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of multi-center or other clinical trials.
- Provide operational expertise in the oversight of clinical research, including identification and resolution of clinical monitoring issues, safety oversight issues and day-to-day research management issues.
- Coordinate the development of training and clinical research policy standard efforts among various organizational components.
- Direct the organization and conduct of workshops, conferences, symposia, or similar activities with clinical trials units to foster and enhance communication among principal investigators and staff.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Education: Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant.
Registration: Applicants must have active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. An applicant who has graduated from an approved nursing educational program within the past 12 months may be appointed pending State registration as a professional nurse within 6 months of appointment. No person appointed pending registration may be retained beyond 6 months, or promoted, if registration has not been attained.
In addition to the basic requirements:
One (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-13 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: managing and overseeing the clinical and operational activities of a national and international program of clinical trials; conducting quality assurance site visits; organizing and conducting workshops, conferences, symposia, or similar activities with clinical trials units to foster and enhance communication among principal investigators and staff.
View Assessment Questions
This position has an education requirement. You must submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades). Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package; however, official transcripts will be required prior to receiving an official offer. Click here for information on Foreign Education . If you are currently or were previously in this occupation series you do not need to submit transcripts. Instead, submit an SF-50 showing the appointment in this occupational series.
Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with Selective Service.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Traditional rating and ranking of applications does not apply to this vacancy. Applications will be evaluated against the basic qualifications. Qualified candidates will be referred for consideration in accordance with the Office of Personnel Management direct hire guidelines. Veteran's Preference does not apply to the direct hire recruitment procedures. Selections made under this bulletin will be processed as new appointments to the civil service. Current civil service employees would, therefore, be given new appointments to the civil service.