SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position is defined as:
- Experience conducting work in and managing an analysis portfolio that evaluates technological, institutional, market, and policy opportunities to advance renewable energy and energy efficiency development and deployment.
- Experience tackling complex problems that cut across programs and examining interconnections between renewable electricity and the electric grid, energy storage, vehicle electrification, demand response, and energy efficiency.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write "see resume" in your application!
- A high level of analytical ability in order to assess and recommend improvements in cross-cutting research portfolio. Ability to work across disciplines.
- Strong quantitative capacity to conduct technical and statistical data analysis with extensive use of spreadsheets and other computational platforms.
- Specific experience in energy related analysis, preferably on cost, performance, markets, policies, or R&D management of energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies.
- Experience developing scientific, technical, and broader stakeholder meetings, workshops, and studies; engaging experts from broad but relevant communities; and guiding participants to develop new and actionable tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively both orally and in writing with government officials, program managers, technical subject matter specialists, industry representatives, key customers and other stakeholders.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks under a heavy workload, and meet tight deadlines.
You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
EDUCATION: Basic Requirements: Degree: physical science, engineering, or mathematics that included 24 semester hours in physical science and/or related engineering science such as mechanics, dynamics, properties of materials, and electronics or a combination of education and experience -- education equivalent to one of the majors shown above that included at least 24 semester hours in physical science and/or related engineering science, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
For this position education cannot be substituted for experience
This position has a positive education requirement. You must provide documentation supporting your education claims. Education must be obtained from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Foreign education must be reviewed by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For special instructions pertaining to foreign education and a list of organizations that can evaluate foreign education, see the Department of Education website.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Periods of business travel may be experienced.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be rated by our application system using the Category Rating procedure. A quality review will then be conducted by the HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME). Your application is rated based on the extent and quality of your experience, education (if applicable to the job), and training described in your online resume/questionnaire as related to the duties of this position. The quality categories are usually defined as "Best Qualified", "Well Qualified" and "Qualified". Veterans Preference eligibles will be listed at the top of whichever category your score places you in. CP/CPS veterans are placed at the top of the highest category for all positions except professional and scientific positions at GS-9 and higher.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses you provided in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted. To preview questions please click here.