Office of Strategic Programs (OSP) is to increase the effectiveness and impact of all EERE activities by funding cross-cutting (i.e., not technology- or program-specific) activities, analysis, and support functions. OSP projects, work products, and activities directly contribute to the EERE mission, facilitate success of EERE programs, and inform the decisions of the Assistant Secretary.
A successful candidate in this position will: provide leadership and direction for all matters relating to EERE's strategic development, policy direction, marketing, and analyses for all technologies that involve or cross-cut EERE's energy program offices. Office of Strategic Programs staff frequently interact with senior management officials within the Department of Energy, Office of Management and Budget, the White House, U.S. Government Accountability Office, Congressional Committees, and other federal, state, and local government officials. This position serves as a Technology Analyst in the Office of Strategic Programs.
As a Physical Scientist, you will:
- Serve as a scientific/technical expert in a broad range of clean energy technologies, policies, and analysis with emphasis on energy efficiency and renewable energy.
- Serve as a point of contact between EERE Programs and EERE senior management and as an EERE liaison to other Department of Energy offices and US agencies.
- Collaborate with other team and office members to assure activities, work processes, and products are effectively integrated.
- Contribute to improvements in team and office work processes and methods to deliver better and more cost-effective results to customers.
- Participate in measuring and evaluating quality of products and services and use findings to generate new ideas and solve problems.
- May be assigned special projects, for which he/she will have certain designated responsibilities for detailed planning, implementation, resource management and evaluation, or may be assigned as a member of one or more teams to work on special projects.