Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 913494
Our Mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans". How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries.
Coatesville is located in beautiful, historic Chester County, close to Philadelphia, Valley Forge, Lancaster and Wilmington. This geographically diverse and scenic area of southeastern Pennsylvania is home to many famous historic sites and museums. The nearby City of Philadelphia (30 miles) has Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, and many other national treasures within its Independence National Historical Park. Valley Forge and the Brandywine Battlefield are only 20 minutes from Coatesville. Plentiful sporting, recreational, and leisure time opportunities exist in the local area. Golf, fishing, boating, camping, running, biking, baseball, basketball, ice-skating, swimming, tennis, hiking, canoeing, skiing, and all major league professional sports can be found within easy driving distances. Numerous high quality visitor attractions such as, the Philadelphia Zoo, Longwood Gardens, Brandywine River Museum, Barnes Collection and Philadelphia Museum of Art can also be enjoyed.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
This position is located in the Geriatrics & Extended Care (GEC) line, with primary assignment to the Home Based Primary Care Program.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Making home visits to veterans with complex medical and psychosocial conditions.
- Provide comprehensive, interdisciplinary primary care services in the homes of veterans with complex and chronic, disabling disease.
- In addition to primary care interventions, HBPC provides palliative care, rehabilitation, disease management, and care coordination services.
- Continuously monitoring patients progress and determining when reassessment is appropriate
- Providing full range of patient care interventions, including individual therapy and specialized interventions such as behavior management
- Functions as the primary mental health provider of the HBPC team, providing mental health prevention, assessment, treatment, management, and professional consultation services.
- Ability to develop coherent treatment strategies
- Provide psychological assessments, individual psychotherapy, group psychotherapy, family counseling, crisis management, and behavioral consultation.
- Maintain appropriate medical record documentation, maintains work efficiency/productivity percentages within set guidelines and completes required training in a timely manner.
- Provides supervision for pre-doctoral interns as requested by the Training Director.
- Works effectively and collegially within interdisciplinary context/treatment team.
- Assuming responsibility for professional development by attending relevant training and regularly reviewing the professional literature to improve clinical competencies
**If the needs of the HBPC program are met, the position may also involve a percentage of time supporting other Geriatrics and Extended Care programs, such as conducting assessments and providing services in the memory clinic and/or on Community Living Center Care units**
Work Schedule: Typically, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., this position is subject to tours of duty that may include evenings and weekends.
Relocation expenses and/or incentives are not authorized.