(1) Provides neuropsychological
assessment and diagnostic services for Veterans with a broad range of
psychiatric conditions (e.g., PTSD, depression, and substance abuse),
neurologic illness or injury (e.g., traumatic brain injury, dementia), and
other medical conditions. Many patients have complex conditions requiring advanced
(2) Demonstrates expertise in using psychometric and diagnostic assessment
methods to provide comprehensive evaluation of cognitive dysfunction.
(3) Provides education to patients and family members about findings from neuropsychological evaluations,
limitations in functioning, areas of strength and functionality, and methods
(4) Provides evidence-based cognitive rehabilitation interventions for cognitively impaired veterans that teach skills for
improving daily functioning as indicated and appropriate. This may include individual, family, and
group psychotherapy and psychoeducation.
(5) Provides consultation to health care providers about assessment findings
and treatment plan for patients to ensure that care is coordinated,
collaborative, and integrated within the Medical Center.
(6) Develops recommendations to address cognitive, behavioral, and/or
psychiatric difficulties identified through the neuropsychological evaluation,
as indicated and appropriate for the specific job setting and duties of the
(7) Complies with all Service Line documentation requirements, including
standards for timely completion of CPRS patient contact notes, use of required
documentation templates, clinical reminders, treatment plans, and risk
(8) Adheres to all Facility and Service
Line policies and practices for delivering clinical care, including but not
limited to risk assessment and reduction practices for potentially dangerous
behavior (suicide and violence), timeliness of care and access standards,
professional conduct requirements, and CPRS documentation conventions.
(9) Achieves minimal clinical workload expectations as established by the
(10) At the GS-13 level, Psychologists
are fully licensed and function independently as a member of the VAPSHCS
Medical Staff with full clinical privileges. Psychologists at this grade
additionally assume independent professional responsibility for their clinical
assessment findings, patient care decisions, and documentation.
(11) Other clinical responsibilities.
(1) Assists the Team Leader
and/or Program Director in the design, development, and implementation of
clinical assessment and/or intervention programs.
(2) Adheres to operational
policies and procedures for the treatment team, established by the affiliated
Team Leader, Program Director, and/or Service Line Leader.
(3) Assists the Team Leader
and/or Program Director in the execution of ongoing program evaluation and
data-driven quality improvement projects to monitor the effectiveness of the
(4) Facilitates liaisons with
other health care programs in order to effectively coordinate services.
(5) Complies with national and
local performance measures and facilitates organizational success on these
measures at the team level.
(6) Complies with all Facility
and Service Line policies and expectations concerning administrative practices,
including but not limited to leave authorization, responding to Suspense items,
and completing TMS educational requirements.
(7) Attends and participates in
administrative and informational meetings held by the Psychology Chief/Deputy
Chief, Service Line Leader (or designee), Chief of Staff, and/or Facility
(8) Attends monthly Psychology
Service Staff Meetings; Psychology Training Faculty Meetings; and participates
in the Psychology Service biannual competency review process (OPPE and FPPE),
periodically serving on the Psychology Service Clinical Pertinence Review
(9) Maintains current knowledge
of, and practices in accordance with, Joint Commission requirements.
(10) Protects printed and
electronic files containing sensitive data in accordance with provisions of
Federal privacy acts and confidentiality statutes. Follows regulations and
instructions regarding release of sensitive or protected patient or employee
(11) Other administrative
Schedule: Monday Friday, 8:00am 4:30pm
Relocation expenses have not been authorized.
Recruitment/Relocation incentive has not been authorized.