Applicants must have demonstrated experience as listed below. This requirement is according to the AO Classification, Compensation, and Recruitment Systems which include interpretive guidance and reference to the OPM Operating Manual for Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions.
Specialized Experience: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience which is in or directly related to the line of work of this position. Specialized experience is demonstrated experience using technical tools for security analysis and security risk assessment purposes.
Selective Factor: In addition to the specialized experience requirement, applicants must also possess a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification.
- Recent experience performing IPS and Web Application Firewall analysis of network attacks of Internet facing web sites at a senior level. Position requires candidate to be able to design, implement, and test security controls without assistance. The candidate is considered a senior subject matter expert in the analysis, detection, and prevention of web application attacks. Knowledge and familiarity with intrusion kill chain techniques is required.
- Recent experience performing security data analysis looking for command and control connections associated with modern malware. Position requires candidate to be able to specify, direct, and implement advanced state of the art statistical techniques for the discovery of stealthy beaconing patterns.
- Recent experience as a senior subject matter expert for a 7x24 Security Operations Center (SOC). Position requires candidate to be the hands on expert of last resort in the event of an attack. Candidate should be able to identify attackers and recommend measure to thwart them using any available controls.
Desired, but NOT Required: The ideal candidate for this position will possess a degree in the Information Technology field.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Applicants are advised that false answers or omissions of information on any application materials or inability to meet the following conditions may be grounds for nonselection, withdrawal of an offer of employment, or dismissal after being employed.
2. All information is subject to verification.
3. Selection for this position is contingent upon completion of OF-306, Declaration for Federal Employment during the pre-employment process.
4. Selection for this position is contingent upon proof of U.S. citizenship or, for noncitizens, proof of authorization to work in the United States plus proof of entitlement to receive compensation. Additional information and guidance on the employment of non-citizens can be found at: http://www.usajobs.gov/ei/noncitizensemployment.asp. For a list of documents that may be used to provide proof of citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, please refer to Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, available at http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-9.pdf.
5. If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all selectees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if selected, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time.
6. All new employees of the AO must identify a financial institution for direct deposit of pay before appointment.
7. If selected for first-time appointment to the Federal government, you may be required to serve a trial period. Failure to complete successfully the trial period may result in termination of employment.
8. If selected for a supervisory or managerial position, you may be required to serve a probationary period. Failure to complete successfully the probationary period can result in return to a position comparable to the one held immediately before supervisory assignment, or if you were not a Federal employee before the assignment, then you may be moved to a position one level below the supervisory position. An employee serving a trial period may be removed from employment under provisions of the AO's trial period policy.
9. If this position is temporary, management may have the discretion of converting this position to a permanent position depending upon funding and staffing allocation.
10. Relocation expenses may be provided, but only if specifically authorized by the Director of the AO.
11. The selectee of this position may be assigned to an official duty station within or outside the Washington DC metro area. Accordingly, pay will be set based on the locality area/official duty station assigned.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your resume and supporting documentation and compare this information to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this job. If you meet the minimum qualifications for this job, we will evaluate your application package, to assess the quality, depth, and complexity of your accomplishments, experience, and education as they relate to the requirements listed in this vacancy announcement.
You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume and/or narrative responses, you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience. Failure to submit the mandatory narrative responses will result in not receiving full consideration and/or rating credit. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you, withdrawing an offer of employment, or dismissal after being employed.